Week 2 - Beech @ Henry County

PatriotNation

3 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Beech comes off a heart breaking loss to Powell while the Henry County Patriots get a big win over Haywood! Should be a great game as it always is!!

Beech beat themselves tonight at Powell. Can’t win many games with six turnovers. The blatantly bad calls/no calls on the road... yet had an opportunity to win. 

The good is that even with six turnovers they were able to score 24 points. The very young defense showed a lot of growth and maturity in my eyes. I believe this team will get better every week and be solid at the end of the season. 

That said, they have to play a much cleaner game at Henry County next Friday. Henry County will be a huge test, but I believe Beech will clean things up and make it an interesting trip to Paris. This is turning into a great series and I think both teams and staffs have this game circled well before the season starts. Looking forward to the visit and some catfish!

3 hours ago, eers said:

Beech beat themselves tonight at Powell. Can’t win many games with six turnovers. The blatantly bad calls/no calls on the road... yet had an opportunity to win. 

The good is that even with six turnovers they were able to score 24 points. The very young defense showed a lot of growth and maturity in my eyes. I believe this team will get better every week and be solid at the end of the season. 

That said, they have to play a much cleaner game at Henry County next Friday. Henry County will be a huge test, but I believe Beech will clean things up and make it an interesting trip to Paris. This is turning into a great series and I think both teams and staffs have this game circled well before the season starts. Looking forward to the visit and some catfish!

Yeah I was reading on the other thread about how many turnovers Beech had against Powell. That's impressive to have that many turnovers and only be down 2 points. Makes you wonder if they didnt have those turnovers what the score could have been. Beech is Beech. Going to be a very tough test again for our Patriots but after tonight I like our chances a lot more than i did before last nights game. 

That was the sloppiest game I’ve ever seen a Beech offense play. In addition to the actual turnovers, there were two or three other fumbles that weren’t turnovers that ended drives. Qb center exchange was bad. Beech never punted all night. They just repeatedly gave the ball to Powell with fumbles and picks. I was impressed with the young D overall. When you give the other team 5 or 6 extra possessions, you’re fortunate not to get run out of the place. Obviously, they can’t do that at HC. Lots to clean up on the offensive side of the ball. 

This series has been about as back and forth as it gets. And both teams like to do similar things. Gonna be an interesting game for sure. 

HC played pretty well last night, but it might take an even better game next week to stay in the W column. Those 2 Haywood turnovers deep in our territory are highly unlikely gifts from Beech, especially after their slop fest last night. Need to maintain the physicality we showed last night.     

3 hours ago, Pacco said:

Big red scores 40 if it ain’t raining. If it is they prolly just run it all nite again. Either way we win I say. Beech be tough tho

I do like how our defense did for the most part against Haywood. Our Linebackers could have a huge game against Beech. I do agree that if it's not raining I see us throwing more but with the push we had against Haywood we didnt really have to throw much. Our o line was making room for our RBs to pick up 5 to 6 yards per rush nearly every time. All we need to do is play like we did against Haywood minus about half or more of those penalties and we should be just fine. The Redemption Tour is in full effect. Our first 3 games of the season is against teams we want to get a little revenge on. Beech is going to be a tough out but our men are up for the challenge. They are hungrier than ever! 

After thinking about how the game went with Haywood and looking at our roster, there is much that needs to be said for way HC played. Very impressed with the way we slowed down their running game. And for the most part we played pretty good on pass defense. They just were trying to hit on Hail Mary’s about every pass play. 

Offense was good enough especially the running game. Our passing will come around I think. There were at least three balls that should have been caught. The one thing that concerns me is our lack of depth especially in the lines. I was disappointed not seeing some names on the roster that were there last year but I can understand if it is Covid related.

This will be a tougher game for the Patriots than against Haywood. At least now we know we can play against size and speed. Keep them focused!