SHS Jackets vs WH Heritage Pats

On 8/26/2020 at 9:49 AM, Poundtherock23 said:

The coaching thing is very true.......wish the Groves’ were at Springfield; with the coaching staff there the sky would be the limit for both of them. 

I agree 100% with this, I do do not believe the Groves alone will be enough to beat WHH, I could be wrong but we will see...

I am not commenting on the coaching at ER because I just do not know enough about them...

Groves imo is under utilized. On offense he may have touched the ball 5 times all night. He doesn’t have much help. He is the punter and he did return a KO for their lone TD. Maybe they use him more come region play who knows. 

I don’t see a type game like we saw last yr between the Jackets and Patriots...but then again crazier things have happened. I will stick with my prediction I have made on the first page

If Springfield moves the ball like it did in the first half against WC, and Heritage defends like it did in the first game, AND weather isn’t a factor, this game could see a running clock in the second half. I do think Heritage will play much better against Springfield but I see the Jackets winning by 2-3 TDs, something like 31-7 or so.  Springfield’s defense, if it pressures like it did against WC, should shut Heritage down for the most part. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

If Springfield moves the ball like it did in the first half against WC, and Heritage defends like it did in the first game, AND weather isn’t a factor, this game could see a running clock in the second half. I do think Heritage will play much better against Springfield but I see the Jackets winning by 2-3 TDs, something like 31-7 or so.  Springfield’s defense, if it pressures like it did against WC, should shut Heritage down for the most part. 

springfield got very conservative second half against wc. I think they could have scored more imo

• Like 1

Heritage moved the ball fairly well on East Robertson last night. I don't think that is saying very much, but who knows if Coach Dickerson has really opened up his play book yet? A few problems the Patriots are having are mental mistakes. Most of the issues are on Offense. Heritage was down at the Indians 13 after they picked up a First Down on 3rd & 5. On that 1st Down the Center snapped the ball over the Quarterback's head. The Patriots lost around 15 yards on that play and that was a HUGE drive killer. Heritage never scored on that drive. Another issue with Heritage's Offense is the receivers are dropping passes. I know of at least 2 great balls that were thrown by #16 that Wide Outs dropped. Defensively, the Patriots are pretty solid. Like other teams, they need to work on contain and tackling. Heritage is not very big, but they do have some quickness. I know Springfield has a BIG O-Line. Special Teams, Heritage is so-so. I watched the kid back returning Punts let about 3 different balls kick the ground, bounce and roll to put Heritage in poor field position. If it comes down to a Field Goal like last year, I'm not sure The Patriots have a Place Kicker. This is hard for me to say, but I don't think this game will be close. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe Springfield will Win by at least 2 Scores. 

1 hour ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Heritage moved the ball fairly well on East Robertson last night. I don't think that is saying very much, but who knows if Coach Dickerson has really opened up his play book yet? A few problems the Patriots are having are mental mistakes. Most of the issues are on Offense. Heritage was down at the Indians 13 after they picked up a First Down on 3rd & 5. On that 1st Down the Center snapped the ball over the Quarterback's head. The Patriots lost around 15 yards on that play and that was a HUGE drive killer. Heritage never scored on that drive. Another issue with Heritage's Offense is the receivers are dropping passes. I know of at least 2 great balls that were thrown by #16 that Wide Outs dropped. Defensively, the Patriots are pretty solid. Like other teams, they need to work on contain and tackling. Heritage is not very big, but they do have some quickness. I know Springfield has a BIG O-Line. Special Teams, Heritage is so-so. I watched the kid back returning Punts let about 3 different balls kick the ground, bounce and roll to put Heritage in poor field position. If it comes down to a Field Goal like last year, I'm not sure The Patriots have a Place Kicker. This is hard for me to say, but I don't think this game will be close. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe Springfield will Win by at least 2 Scores. 

I hope you and I are both right in our prediction, but you know Stetson will have his team fired up and they will no doubt play their best game of the year so far against Springfield. I just hope we have good weather.