Will we get to play Whole season

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Chattanooga Times-Free Press had articles yesterday about how they SHOULD be playing and had medical people giving their reasoning. 

AAP and even CDC has articles from July stating that kids should be in school (in person) and playing ball because studies show kids aren't spreading this virus, especially like they spread the flu. But studies and stats from medical professionals aren't credible I reckon...SMH 

1 hour ago, Guidance1812 said:

Asteroid gonna cancel the season according to the associated press

Lord have mercy. These media outlets get me 

3 hours ago, crow said:

I will admit social distancing and masks were not observed at our game last night. I’m not blaming Oliver Springs high school at all. They did everything possible to make sure the TSSAA guidelines were followed but people, from both sides, were just business as usual. Hopefully our own actions don’t give the media more fuel for their fear monger agenda. 

3 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I am 1000% pro choice when it comes to wearing masks BUT as a board member told me yesterday,  "some are looking for just one excuse to shut it down, so kids have to take the precautions to show we're trying and hopefully keep case numbers low".

Both posts are spot on. Administrators and staff know how slim the thread is we're hanging by, and that they must "advertise" that people follow the precautionary measures passed down from above in order to remain open. The problem now is that people in general are sick of the extremist overhyping of both cause and effect, as well as the inflated numbers by the media, and are pretty much ignoring the threat altogether. People are easily scared, and the panic shown by those in leadership roles (world leaders, CDC, WHO, ect...) infected 90% of the population to the degree that they sacrificed most everyday activities... even the relatively "safe" ones. It's almost like the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"... everybody overreacted at first, and now they're treating this as if there's no wolf at all. The biggest threat in my eyes now is the consequences of a few positive test results bringing a screeching halt to on campus education, and a smaller matter of athletics.

I'm not fearful of the virus. I'm not going to volunteer to get it, but I'm not giving up the things that make life worth living either. What I am doing is while at any school related function, I'm wearing a mask and moving about frequently (as suggested), in order to comply, and in order not to make others uncomfortable with me. I wish more would sacrifice a little bit of their liberties and personal comfort to insure that we can continue almost as normal.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Both posts are spot on. Administrators and staff know how slim the thread is we're hanging by, and that they must "advertise" that people follow the precautionary measures passed down from above in order to remain open. The problem now is that people in general are sick of the extremist overhyping of both cause and effect, as well as the inflated numbers by the media, and are pretty much ignoring the threat altogether. People are easily scared, and the panic shown by those in leadership roles (world leaders, CDC, WHO, ect...) infected 90% of the population to the degree that they sacrificed most everyday activities... even the relatively "safe" ones. It's almost like the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"... everybody overreacted at first, and now they're treating this as if there's no wolf at all. The biggest threat in my eyes now is the consequences of a few positive test results bringing a screeching halt to on campus education, and a smaller matter of athletics.

I'm not fearful of the virus. I'm not going to volunteer to get it, but I'm not giving up the things that make life worth living either. What I am doing is while at any school related function, I'm wearing a mask and moving about frequently (as suggested), in order to comply, and in order not to make others uncomfortable with me. I wish more would sacrifice a little bit of their liberties and personal comfort to insure that we can continue almost as normal.

Exactly the way I handled it. I chose to wear my mask, I moved several times as the crowd around me changed I didn’t walk around shaking hands like a politician. I made these choices for a couple of reasons. First and foremost I chose that because I feel it was safest for me and my family. I recently finished radiation and chemotherapy so my immune system my not be completely restored, also I believe that a little inconvenience is worth the end goal of keeping the season going. It’s a choice we all get to make but there are opponents that want the season shut down and they are watching closely. 

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

Absolutely no reason not to finish the season. Even with Last night’s sloppy football and bad weather it was still a success. Phil Williams is a total idiot. He should be tarred and feathered for trying to stop high school football. What a tool!

I don’t disagree with you. I personally believe that masks and spreading out is effective in decreasing transmission of any communicable illness. Is it 100%? Certainly not but even if it is 30% effective that’s not insignificant. I firmly believe there has been a lot of embellishment by the media but I also Personally know a young man in his 30’s that was otherwise healthy in ICU in a very hour to hour condition due to this virus. I also know several that have had it and recovered with little difficulty. Those recovered cases are little comfort to my friends wife and young children. No this plan isn’t perfect but neither is not wearing a mask or not doing distancing. 

They will play and finish. Cases have stabilized and are on their way down. Both games I have seen a lot of the fans were apart. TSSAA didn’t outlaw concessions. People are going to buy concessions and take their masks off some. If there wasn’t an election in November, you wouldn’t be hearing none of this. Mayor of Nashville was organizing protests arm in arm and now he is pulling a Big 10 move for Nashville. Football is rolling. I am an in school person, but the way these quarantine laws are I would have my team all virtual to avoid these nonsense quarantines.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Well said

Technology is already there. Cares act throwing tons of money at schools, including broadband grants, why not capitalize on it and bring everyone online  at a modest price to watch a game to make up revenue loss, just my two cents worth.

I will still attend games if at all possible with limited ticket sales, and give more than my fair share at any game or any program that needs it