Associated Press Statewide Poll 6A and 5A 2020

Red Rebels

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Polls in high school are mostly just a flip of the coin after the first couple of spots.    I remember once a few years ago Boone cracked the top 10 in 5A one week by beating ... I don't know, like Central, Volunteer, etc.     All the Boonies got so excited, started circling the first weekend in December on the calendars.    The record was impressive at that point but the train to Cookeville always has and always will go thru Knox County and/or the surrounding area.     Don't want to get too far off topic, but year in and year out the greater Knoxville area just takes football way more seriously than we do in NET.      Eliz/Greeneville fans don't start flaming me, we are in a 5A/6A thread here.....

It's coaching. It's always coaching. Always.

19 minutes ago, Frauddle said:

Who really cares about a poll anyway? You can’t honesty think Henry County is being disrespected by some poll...and if they are who cares. The coaches know who’s good and who isn’t, so it doesn’t matter. It will all play itself out. Just keep taking care of business. 

10-4 friend 

21 minutes ago, Frauddle said:

Who really cares about a poll anyway? You can’t honesty think Henry County is being disrespected by some poll...and if they are who cares. The coaches know who’s good and who isn’t, so it doesn’t matter. It will all play itself out. Just keep taking care of business. 

The thing that got me on this on is we have a common opponent situation.  Kenwood beat northwest something like 14-62 summit only beat northwest 42-0 Henry county beat kenwood 62-0 so we clearly beat the tougher team by a larger margin and they jumped us in the poll.. something doesnt pass the smell test. :roflolk:

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

The thing that got me on this on is we have a common opponent situation.  Kenwood beat northwest something like 14-62 summit only beat northwest 42-0 Henry county beat kenwood 62-0 so we clearly beat the tougher team by a larger margin and they jumped us in the poll.. something doesnt pass the smell test. :roflolk:

I read the NW/Summit game recap on Mainstreet Preps and it was 42-0 at half and NW had -16 yards at half. But I think it had more to do with NW than Summit. Summit’s backups didn’t score on NW so maybe they lack depth. 

One way or another DB and McMinn will play in the playoffs and quite frankly looking forward to it. That game has classic written all over it. Other than the winner gets Marivul, that is going to be one interesting matchup. We will know more by then due to DB vs Alcoa and how McMinn does against Marivul. But DB is strong against the run and thats McMinns bread and butter. 

8 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

One way or another DB and McMinn will play in the playoffs and quite frankly looking forward to it. That game has classic written all over it. Other than the winner gets Marivul, that is going to be one interesting matchup. We will know more by then due to DB vs Alcoa and how McMinn does against Marivul. But DB is strong against the run and thats McMinns bread and butter. 

When does McMinn and Murvil play?

20 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Polls in high school are mostly just a flip of the coin after the first couple of spots.    I remember once a few years ago Boone cracked the top 10 in 5A one week by beating ... I don't know, like Central, Volunteer, etc.     All the Boonies got so excited, started circling the first weekend in December on the calendars.    The record was impressive at that point but the train to Cookeville always has and always will go thru Knox County and/or the surrounding area.     Don't want to get too far off topic, but year in and year out the greater Knoxville area just takes football way more seriously than we do in NET.      Eliz/Greeneville fans don't start flaming me, we are in a 5A/6A thread here.....

I think Crockett is overrated.  I can see them losing to your Blazers as well as Tennessee High still.

9 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Mcminn was good last year if not better and lost in the 1st rd. This game isn't guaranteed.

Edited by TnBear

On 9/29/2020 at 8:40 AM, RollRed said:

This poll is doo doo summit hasn't played anyone and Rhea hasn't eaither. 

Summit played Indy which is a solid 6A team.   Franklin is a legit 6A club in a very tough region.   Columbia will surprise some teams in second half of the season.   Not the best schedule, but they did reach Cookeville last year and have the key cogs back this season.   Deserving of the ranking in my opinion.

3 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

I think Crockett is overrated.  I can see them losing to your Blazers as well as Tennessee High still.

Crockett is not as good as last year but they have not beaten any good teams yet so its hard to know where they are.   They should have beaten us last year but we got a couple of favorable calls.      The R1/5A championship is Oct 16 Crockett @ Tenn High.   Boone is really struggling, we play tough but can't finish a game, hopefully we can at least win enough to get a playoff game.

3 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Summit played Indy which is a solid 6A team.   Franklin is a legit 6A club in a very tough region.   Columbia will surprise some teams in second half of the season.   Not the best schedule, but they did reach Cookeville last year and have the key cogs back this season.   Deserving of the ranking in my opinion.

Na. Franklin is ranked in the 80s. And they lost to them.