Week 3 Bearden @ D-B

TribalEmpire

After dispatching of Oak Ridge, now the Tribe face the unknown in Bearden. 

First region contest. Home opener. However Bearden is winless in 2020 going 0-2 in back to back contests vs. COVID-19. 

All kidding aside. Anyone know what to expect from the Bulldogs this season? I hate facing the unknown in a region opener. Lol

33 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

After dispatching of Oak Ridge, now the Tribe face the unknown in Bearden. 

First region contest. Home opener. However Bearden is winless in 2020 going 0-2 in back to back contests vs. COVID-19. 

All kidding aside. Anyone know what to expect from the Bulldogs this season? I hate facing the unknown in a region opener. Lol

I think West cancel the game just like Bearden and the game against murvil got reschedule for both teams open date, so Bearden is either coming into the game 0-1 or 0-0. 

I don't know much about Bearden someone else can tell you more but I do know usually in a down year they always have athletes

8 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

I think West cancel the game just like Bearden and the game against murvil got reschedule for both teams open date, so Bearden is either coming into the game 0-1 or 0-0. 

I don't know much about Bearden someone else can tell you more but I do know usually in a down year they always have athletes

Yeah I looked at Beardens schedule after I posted this and they're still on for 9 games, so they only had one canceled. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Yeah I looked at Beardens schedule after I posted this and they're still on for 9 games, so they only had one canceled. 

They were scheduled to play Maryville in week two. Fortunately both Bearden and Maryville had the same open date scheduled so they moved the game to September 18, which was the open date. 

14 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Come on guys, DB has 2 games under their belt, Bearden has yet to play.... if this game is not over by midway through Q2 then DB is not ready to assert any dominance in 6A.       DB 38      Bearden 6    (halftime score)

I tend to agree with this.  

Won't be close. 

There is almost a 100% guarantee of a blowout in this game.

DB has played 2 games, both on the Road and allowed 3 points total.

This is the 1st home game of the 100th season

DB QB has not played up to his potential... YET... and is due for a huge game. Not all his fault, some is... the playbook has been very limited in both games played.

Bearden has not scrimmaged or played a game this season.

The clock will run most all of the 2nd half if not all of it. 

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Come on guys, DB has 2 games under their belt, Bearden has yet to play.... if this game is not over by midway through Q2 then DB is not ready to assert any dominance in 6A.       DB 38      Bearden 6    (halftime score)

agreed. DB shouldnt have any problems in this game at all

I agree this should be a DB win. But. As a long time DB fan I've seen some crazy upsets by team's that DB should of put away by halftime. Most of them right there at J. Fred.  And I remember reading post like I'm reading now on CoachT before those games to. You have to stay in the right frame of mind for every game with no let up. Bearden does have some advantages. They've scouted DB so they have info. They'll be practicing against that info all week. DB has no info to practice against. DB hasn't looked very sharp in the passing game so far. I'd look for Bearden to really stack the line and try and make DB throw. If they don't fix that passing game this week that could be a problem Friday night. Then there's that penalty problem. You can go ahead and mark down close to 100 yrds. in penalties. 

Yes sir,I wouldn't call J Fred an advantage. Besides some of the bone headed second half playoff meltdowns,there have been plenty of other things.I  know a lot of local refs and they are as honest as the day is long.Most around the state are the same.However,when teams come from several miles away,I've seen some of the most lopsided jobs by the stripes and not in the home teams favor. Almost seems like they get off the visiting teams bus and six or seven of their coaches are missing. Just kidding,but DB has gotten some guys calling their games that were not Friday night material.Ive heard it said that you can call  penalties on every play, pretty sure that's true .