Hickman vs Waverly

Wavo2004

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Waverly has had Fairview's number the last 3 years.  The current seniors at Waverly are 2-1 against the current seniors at Fairview.  It's a game that makes both schools better in the long run but Waverly has had the upper-hand of late.

Yea but Fairview has whooped our tail many of times. They wear the only team to beat us in 2016 by one point during the regular season.

I don’t know what to expect from the bulldogs this year. This isn’t a good year to have a new HC with the limited time with the players and no scrimmages. I’m also question how good of a coach is McDonald is. Didn’t have much of luck if any at the middle school level. I’ve heard good things about the DC that came from Lewis. Our OC is a former player that was a starter at UTC playing safety for atleast 3 years I believe. He also played arena football for a few years. He’s probably the best player to come out of Hickman in awhile. Hopefully he can take what he learned from those years and pass it on to his players. He played QB and safety here 2006-2008 and Coached by Swenson. Maybe he gave Swenson a call this week for some tips. :o

50 minutes ago, Tata said:

I am not real familiar with either team. Reading these post I get that Waverly showed a vulnerable side at Huntingdon and the coaching at Hickman has greatly improved. I'm gonna pick Hickman in a big upset 28-27 or 20-14.  

I'm wondering what adjustments Waverly made this week and I definitely agree that Hickman Co made some improvement to there coaching staff so it very well could be a close game. Seemed like last year we were more prepared for the region games than non region so I'm picking Waverly by 13