South Gibson vs Milan week 3

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I figured this would happen. Lexington scored a bunch on South Gibson. Good win for Milan. They are a good team. If they get consistent on offense they will be really tough. Their defense is legit.

Yes they have athletes galore. Congrats to the Dawgs. Congrats to the Pioneers, sounds like y’all had a good night tonight 

32 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Yes they have athletes galore. Congrats to the Dawgs. Congrats to the Pioneers, sounds like y’all had a good night tonight 

Yeah Halls is not good though. I think we will hang around with Adamsville and Union City for a while. Our younger players have stepped up and are playing hard. We will see how it unfolds. Was a big win for Milan. They needed that. Good win for us and Peabody. 

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Yeah Halls is not good though. I think we will hang around with Adamsville and Union City for a while. Our younger players have stepped up and are playing hard. We will see how it unfolds. Was a big win for Milan. They needed that. Good win for us and Peabody. 

It was. Really hard fought win both teams will meet again

7 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

It was. Really hard fought win both teams will meet again

The two brothers 18 and 7 are tough. Vaughn came in tonight and had some good runs as well. I think y’all will meet again as well. McKenzie is a good team. Just don’t think they are in y’all’s league. Nor is Union City, us and Adamsville. Will be interesting how these playoffs fare with Memphis not playing. Guess our region will all get byes first round right?? Will our four that make it just play each other again??

Edited by pioneer42

Just now, pioneer42 said:

The two brothers 18 and 7 are tough. Vaughn came in tonight and had some good runs as well. I think y’all will meet again as well. McKenzie is a good team. Just don’t think they are in y’all’s league. Not is Union City, us and Adamsville. Will be interesting how these playoffs fare with Memphis not playing. Guess our region will all get byes first round right?? Will our four that make just play each other again I would think.

I’m interested to see how they do it. We had some key guys out and gutted it out. Refs were terrible and very flag happy in the game. That imo was probably the region title game, but time will tell

Congrats Milan! 

If Milan can clean some small things up on the offensive side of the ball they are going to be a tough out for any team. 

Defensively, the overall team speed is great. 

Also, Milan should be proud of the beautiful stadium they have. It really is awesome. I hate turf. Aside from that for me it was all top notch. 

My Hornets. Gotta keep our heads up and live to fight another day. Our kids played hard but Milan was the better team tonight. We are really young and those kids got some great experience tonight as to what they were going to have to play against to be competitive in this league. 

I honestly thought it was going to be a low scoring contest...  But, that is why they play the games on the field and not on the T! 

Good luck to the dawgs the rest of the season. I only called y'all the bullfrogs twice while on the air tonight. I made a promise to a friend that I would be as professional as I could possibly be! I said bullforgs twice. 

GO HORNETS!! 

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I’m interested to see how they do it. We had some key guys out and gutted it out. Refs were terrible and very flag happy in the game. That imo was probably the region title game, but time will tell

I agree. Y’all could have beat them worse though. Refs helped McKenzie out. Will be interesting what happens.

ALSO!!!! DANG I CANT BELIEVE I FORGOT!!!

Big shout out the Milan folks for being so very hospitable to us tonight. Like mentioned earlier on this forum the Verizon towers were completely down tonight in the Milan area. That is the cell signal we use to stream our games. The Milan folks were VERY gracious to us and let us direct connect to their fiber server inside the press box. They did NOT have to do that. They actually helped me hook it up and made sure we were good to go before started the game. First class from Milan. 

This is honestly the best we have ever been treated at the dawg pound.... I remember the days of standing on top of the visitors press box with an extension cord and a card table.. 

Just think a few years ago they would not even let us stream a game! Now, they are hooking us up with fiber internet to make sure the quality is good! 

Thanks again Milan for the hospitality! I really did appreciate it! 

/steven

5 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

ALSO!!!! DANG I CANT BELIEVE I FORGOT!!!

Big shout out the Milan folks for being so very hospitable to us tonight. Like mentioned earlier on this forum the Verizon towers were completely down tonight in the Milan area. That is the cell signal we use to stream our games. The Milan folks were VERY gracious to us and let us direct connect to their fiber server inside the press box. They did NOT have to do that. They actually helped me hook it up and made sure we were good to go before started the game. First class from Milan. 

This is honestly the best we have ever been treated at the dawg pound.... I remember the days of standing on top of the visitors press box with an extension cord and a card table.. 

Just think a few years ago they would not even let us stream a game! Now, they are hooking us up with fiber internet to make sure the quality is good! 

Thanks again Milan for the hospitality! I really did appreciate it! 

/steven

You could tell that South Gibson has  talent it was just young. Kids were very well coached and played with good effort. Just lacked size and speed. Kids laced with a lot of heart. Games with McNairy and Westview will be interesting to see who is the 3 and 4 seeds for the playoffs and who stays home. Thanks for the kind words about the hospitality and the stadium.