Region 5AA 2020

ddaddy

I think Salem did a good job of breaking this down. I also think from the outside looking in the one thing that he and General has said that I can't get my mind around is why McClendon sat the bench on offense in 2018. His Jr. year LC knew he was good and was glad when he was on the sideline or lined up at WR or anywhere except the backfield. We have had a few backs like him in the past and I know from experience that they don't come around very often.  With that being said I still think we will have a war the last game.

4 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

I think Salem did a good job of breaking this down. I also think from the outside looking in the one thing that he and General has said that I can't get my mind around is why McClendon sat the bench on offense in 2018. His Jr. year LC knew he was good and was glad when he was on the sideline or lined up at WR or anywhere except the backfield. We have had a few backs like him in the past and I know from experience that they don't come around very often.  With that being said I still think we will have a war the last game.

I'm with you DD. I believe General has his Marlboro lit with all that smoke. That bunch out of Chapel Hill doesn't disappoint and I believe 10/30/2020 will go down as a slobber knocker at BWS Stadium in Metro Hohenwald.

Final week of the regular season and 1 through 4 is not settled. We know that Summertown and Community is out, and Lewis Co or Forrest will be 1 and 2 and Loretto and Eagleville will be 3 and 4.

·         4-0 9-0 Lewis Co-host 4-0 6-3 Forrest for the Region Championship for the 2nd straight year. Forrest is coming off a home loss to an average Cascade team. Forrest has played without their QB and probably best offensive weapon the last two weeks because of contact. Look for him to be back and a new level of confidence to grow in this team. Last years’ game at Forrest was a 16-13 game in favor of the defending champs so LC is looking for redemption. LC is scoring 39 points per game and Forrest has played consistent on defense all year and that is their hope in this game. LC is coming off a win against Camden in a game where 6 starters either didn’t play or was limited. All players except one is expected to be back this week. Bottom line is that the winner is Champs, and the loser is 2nd and both will host a playoff game.

·         2-2 4-5 Eagleville is traveling to Loretto to determine 3rd and 4th place in the region. This is a very evenly matched game that could go either way. Looking at common opponents proves that point. EV beat ST 18-14 and Loretto won 12-7, against LC EV lost 39-7 while Loretto was defeated 48-14, against Community EV 40-8 and Loretto won 45-16, against Forrest both lost EV 19-7 and Loretto 18-7, in the Mt Pleasant game EV won 14-6 at home and Loretto was defeated on the road 27-20. I first felt confident that EV would win, but I’m beginning to second guess myself. The game being played at Loretto and that does nothing to clear up the muddy waters. Loretto is 1-2 at home and EV in 1-2 on the road. I am leaning toward Loretto in a low scoring game.

·         Community host the under-achieving Summertown Eagles. ST should win, but who knows and quite frankly, who cares!!