Weakley County School Board vote

mamabear37

25 minutes ago, GOCHARGERS said:

mamabear37 can you run by Westview today and us talk about your concerns?

That is laughable, &  would be a waste of my time or anyone else’s. The principal & assistant principal at Westview will only listen to what they want to hear, & only if it fits their agendas. All the principal & assistant principal of Westview are good at is going to paid conferences, PR & photo ops. Just to be clear, my post was not about Westview, my concern is over how the WCSB is handling things on their end of this situation. There has been zero communication on what topics will be discussed at the meeting tonite or what is on the agenda to be voted on. I will give you credit though for your avoidance on answering the questions I posed on this public thread. I can only assume you have been made aware of whether or not a vote is to take place concerning the remainder of the season, so can you answer that question?  Time will tell & the clock is ticking. 

Edited by mamabear37

17 minutes ago, GOCHARGERS said:

mamabear37 life is to short to stay bitter. We all appreciate the time and effort your family gave to our program. Sometimes things don't work out the way people want them to. And you have to just move on. Right?

No bitterness here Jeromy. You don’t want me to spill the tea on things I know & have screenshots about, so maybe you should leave that alone, as I have. The best thing we ever did for our children is to take them out of Weakley County School system & we've never been happier. You are a joke & I will toast to your firing when it happens. Again, my posting this thread had ZERO to do with Westview but if  you want to go there, I will surely go toe to toe with you. Do not underestimate me.  My concern is for the many kids that I love, who have to deal with those in leadership roles being more concerned about politics or the good ol boys club than the well being of the children they are supposed to serve through their administrative positions. How about you spend more time actually doing your job instead of being petty on a public forum. Right?!

Edited by mamabear37
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Hopefully this is not true. If so it is a grave over reach of power on the part of the school board. @tradertwo tell if I am wrong about this ole buddy. But the school board’s primary responsibility is the hiring and firing of the superintendent and setting of board policy. The call to have the season or not should be solely the superintendents and if the school board doesn’t like his or her decision then they address the superintendent. But they shouldn’t have the power to make this call. 

Absolutely right BPM. The Director is the CEO of the system, and all responsibility of day to day operations fall to him/her alone. The board has power to adopt/approve budgets, create policy for the Director to follow, fire tenured personnel, and hire/fire the Director. Nothing about abolishing athletics on a day to day basis is is the responsibility of the board. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Absolutely right BPM. The Director is the CEO of the system, and all responsibility of day to day operations fall to him/her alone. The board has power to adopt/approve budgets, create policy for the Director to follow, fire tenured personnel, and hire/fire the Director. Nothing about abolishing athletics on a day to day basis is is the responsibility of the board. 

Thanks brother 

56 minutes ago, mamabear37 said:

No bitterness here Jeromy. You don’t want me to spill the tea on things I know & have screenshots about, so maybe you should leave that alone, as I have. The best thing we ever did for our children is to take them out of Weakley County School system & we've never been happier. You are a joke & I will toast to your firing when it happens. Again, my posting this thread had ZERO to do with Westview but if  you want to go there, I will surely go toe to toe with you. Do not underestimate me.  My concern is for the many kids that I love, who have to deal with those in leadership roles being more concerned about politics or the good ol boys club than the well being of the children they are supposed to serve through their administrative positions. How about you spend more time actually doing your job instead of being petty on a public forum. Right?!

Wow! Lol this isn't Jeromy. I hate he got roasted on my part. But I have to say it sounds like you may know something. Good luck to your boy I'm sure he will do good.