South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

Just now, powerp said:

My thing has always been what if this happened the last two weeks of regular season? Are you not gonna play a playoff game on short notice? Yes you would.

Big difference there, your talking about making up a game that has no bearing on the season other than bragging rights vs your season being over. I still think there might be something happen later in the year where maybe other games get cancelled and this game gets played. 

Edited by Football54

13 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

If SP is looking for an opponent, remember to consider the Tyner Rams because we all remember those two exciting games in 2007(25-21) and 2008(28-21). Both were won by SP in the waning minutes of the 4th qtr. One on a defensive play, the other on offense!!

Old Pirate says the Tyner Ram Train was always eventful. Perhaps that will be an option. Playing Jasper again after all they’ve gone is highly unlikely. The kinfolkes probably think the Pirate Nation will ignore their misdeeds. OP says, Let Jasper Play With Themselves! Time fer some new rivalries, possibly a TC or some program that isn’t constantly being unethical. A season with Trousdale, Meigs, Tyner & Redbank sounds like a winner. At least Jacket purple ain’t Puke Purple. Fellers, Jasper committed financial suicide. They’s administration & coaching staff is too dumb to recognize it. 

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

As I suspected, sitting on the bleachers. 

I’m only gonna entertain you once.  I have been around 1 school for 44 years, yep that’s 44 years to you.  I’ve been a part of 4 state championships and 5 runner ups.  Whether I played, sat on the bench, or sat in the bleachers, I have STILL been part of the multiple winning seasons at South Pittsburg.  That’s the thing about OUR small town football and OUR small town community, we are ALL part of OUR tradition.  So don’t bring in your credentials to a thread that has ZERO to do with you.  Next. 

Here’s what Alcoa has to do with this discussion; SP HC basically accused the other team of being scared to play them, when IT APPEARS that he himself declined Rankin’s offer for the same reason. Did I make it simple enough for you genius??? 

Feller, Old Pirate says the cost of travel is too expensive to start playing 2.5 hrs away. By bus it is 3 hrs. It cost SP a ton last year jest to go to Redbank. The Pirates played Alcoa long ago but those long drives are financial suicide & a thing of the past. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

24 minutes ago, Football54 said:

I wanted to see this game as bad as anyone, but for those of y’all saying it’s the same as the week of the SC game your crazy. These kids will have been off and at home for 14 days no practicing or conditioning and have 2 days in pads and a day of walk throughs and you think that’s safe for the kids? Red Banks coach said on sport talk that there’s no way he would schedule a game on that short of a turnaround nobody would. And I’m here to tell you if the roles were reversed there’s no way Vic would play the game, the game he’s talking about a couple years ago when MC won big there was nothing like this going on it was just like any other year of football. 

Excuse is all that is.   MC had a full week to fully prepare and had the opportunity to have three full days of practice and a walk through on Saturday morning.   What if it was a region game would you have played? What if it was a first round playoff game?  Yes you know you would.  If it was so much of a safety concern why call around and try and schedule other teams?  Nothing about this year is normal teams are having to do things that they typically wouldn't do. 

1 hour ago, rlh said:

Bull crap.  This is about a 98 year old rivalry that we would like to see make it to the 100 in 2022.  You can take your Alcoa stuff up to the 3a/4a board.  Frankly, I wouldn't expect the 3A team that is picked to win the gold ball in 3A on an annual basis to worried about a 1a school with an enrollment of ~250.  These schools are 6 miles apart and have cousins at the other school (as well as Whitwell).  One more time in crayola for you and I will type . . . real . . . slow . . . this game is similar to the Alcoa-Maryville game in scope.

STOP the Press - I thought it was 8 hateful miles, not six??? Hargis' books wrong?? I have no idea what to believe anymore.

Just now, oneyewilly said:

Excuse is all that is.   MC had a full week to fully prepare and had the opportunity to have three full days of practice and a walk through on Saturday morning.   What if it was a region game would you have played? What if it was a first round playoff game?  Yes you know you would.  If it was so much of a safety concern why call around and try and schedule other teams?  Nothing about this year is normal teams are having to do things that they typically wouldn't do. 

So you don’t think being off for 14 days with no practice or conditioning is a big deal?

• Like 1

Here’s what Alcoa has to do with this discussion; SP HC basically accused the other team of being scared to play them, when IT APPEARS that he himself declined Rankin’s offer for the same reason. Did I make it simple enough for you genius??? 

Let’s you and I compare high school football credentials. I’ll take the liberty of going first. I have been a part of 5 different programs, in two different states, with multiple state championships, for over 35 years, and I DON’T mean sitting on the bleachers. Your turn. 

I bet that tuba got heavy after 35 years!

Let’s you and I compare high school football credentials. I’ll take the liberty of going first. I have been a part of 5 different programs, in two different states, with multiple state championships, for over 35 years, and I DON’T mean sitting on the bleachers. Your turn. 

What an impressive resume. You should definitely apply at the next level! With all that knowledge im sure you could teach Saban a thing or two!

ResizedP_3b48e2bb-70bb-4b86-b25b-6aa01ea8bc61_173586807798207.gif

4 minutes ago, Football54 said:

So you don’t think being off for 14 days with no practice or conditioning is a big deal?

LOPWOAO, Youngon you Jasperlite jailhouse fellers are ridiculously laughable. If yo think fer a second Jasper football players are quarantined yous a real numbnut. Teams play a lot with only 3 days prep time. Coaches had a whole week + 3 days. Jasper best start looking fer a new huge gate fer future. Old Pirate says, Let Jasper Play With Themselves. 

8 minutes ago, Football54 said:

players can continue to condition all on there on. Most done it all summer long.    Its not like they are locked in a room and can't do anything.    Answer my question. If it is so dangerous why contact other schools? If it were a region game would you play? If it were the playoffs would you play?  

Skillets - get control! I thought you were mad about Jasper (not MC) bailing out! Now your mad at some guy who claims 5 state championships in 2 years; or was it 2 state championships in 5 years; or was it multiple championships in the 7 states he saw from the top of Lookout??? Who cares? I still want answers on if SH book is wrong about the darn mileage tween skillets and the jailhouse?