South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

Read the whole article that Stephen Hargis had written. Not playing Redbank and Jasper he said cost his program $40,000 dollars. That's a substantial hit. Given what I read if it is accurate, It seems the staff at SP made every accommodation to try and play the game. When Marion was willing to play in 3 days due to a weather related issue but not play now with the same 3 days on a Saturday that's a really bad look. None of my business but the facts seem to be in order. 

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Read the whole article that Stephen Hargis had written. Not playing Redbank and Jasper he said cost his program $40,000 dollars. That's a substantial hit. Given what I read if it is accurate, It seems the staff at SP made every accommodation to try and play the game. When Marion was willing to play in 3 days due to a weather related issue but not play now with the same 3 days on a Saturday that's a really bad look. None of my business but the facts seem to be in order. 

If I were sitting on a jury there is plenty of good evidence for sure. MC, Guilty!!! Well let's rephrase that, Pruitt, I want call him coach anymore because coaches teach young mean and women to be top notch people, Pruitt, your guilty!!!

58 minutes ago, sportman said:

If I were sitting on a jury there is plenty of good evidence for sure. MC, Guilty!!! Well let's rephrase that, Pruitt, I want call him coach anymore because coaches teach young mean and women to be top notch people, Pruitt, your guilty!!!

I know that rivalry means alot to alot of people. Shame it went down like it did.

Edited by Imthayeti

5 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I am confused. I read in a Hamilton County newspaper that said  Marion County was doing everything in their power to reschedule the game with South Pittsburg. Is this not true?. I cannot imagine an administration not trying to play one of the greatest high school rivalries in Tennessee. I don't remember the papers name. I read alot of different sports papers on line.

No, he made a comment that if we both had open dates at any other time in the season he would entertain that option to play.  To play Sequatchie with just 3 days practice but not us is cowardly.  Plus they already practiced all last week to prepare for us.  PLUS, most teams only practice in pads 1-2 days, then the rest is in shorts and helmet doing walkthroughs.  I know we hardly practice in pads anymore, definitely 1 day but sometimes 2 depending on how hard the kids practice and how much effort they put into it.  It’s ridiculous and IMO it’s a means to something bigger down the road.  There’s more to it.  Gotta be.  

Keep checking on here to see if things have changed and it seems to just get worse. When I say it breaks my heart it really does because this rivalry is something to be truly proud of and I grew up a lot being in it myself as many of us have. Da shame that an outsider caused this cause he thinks he's something because of who his son is. What really bothers me more is the Jasper community allowed it to happen. Hard to watch my language because I'd really have more I'd like to say. As always great day to be a Pirate. Let's go get a gold ball and leave these neighbors in our rearview

Edited by MrLegit