South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

10 hours ago, rlh said:

I disagree with you there.  Now the larger classifications in Ga is a whole different thing when Valdosta and a few of those mega powers come into it.  Tennessee would get creamed from 3a up.

Ask Brad Waggoner about the difference in the two states. He knows as well, or maybe better, than I. The top teams in Tenn. could compete. But, top to bottom, Ga. is a lot stronger. Of course, it’s also a much larger state. Good luck this week. 

8 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Skillets - get control! I thought you were mad about Jasper (not MC) bailing out! Now your mad at some guy who claims 5 state championships in 2 years; or was it 2 state championships in 5 years; or was it multiple championships in the 7 states he saw from the top of Lookout??? Who cares? I still want answers on if SH book is wrong about the darn mileage tween skillets and the jailhouse?

Good one! 

9 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Skillets - get control! I thought you were mad about Jasper (not MC) bailing out! Now your mad at some guy who claims 5 state championships in 2 years; or was it 2 state championships in 5 years; or was it multiple championships in the 7 states he saw from the top of Lookout??? Who cares? I still want answers on if SH book is wrong about the darn mileage tween skillets and the jailhouse?

I like a man with a sense of humor! 

3 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I didn’t mean to ruffle everyone’s feathers. Being a smart-aleck is not my S.O.P. I’m much more comfortable with respectful conversation and debate. I felt though, that I was attacked first, so, being human, I retaliated. I’ll try to not let it happen again. 

All good man. We all get a little flustered from time to time on here.

14 hours ago, rlh said:

Then you definitely don't understand the recent history of the 98 year old rivalry much less the long haul. Get a copy of The Hateful Eight Miles for a good read.

I admit my somewhat ignorance of the rivalry, as I served in other parts of the state. I would enjoy reading that book. 

You know, it’s too bad that Georgia and Tennessee teams can’t play more. The reason they can’t is that they change schedules on different years. When I was growing up East Ridge and Ringgold played every year. McCallie and Dalton played from time to time. Lookout Valley played Trion for two years. That’s all that I remember. 

19 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

You know, it’s too bad that Georgia and Tennessee teams can’t play more. The reason they can’t is that they change schedules on different years. When I was growing up East Ridge and Ringgold played every year. McCallie and Dalton played from time to time. Lookout Valley played Trion for two years. That’s all that I remember. 

who do you guys play friday 

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

It seems the only schools in GA that wanna play TN schools are those home school teams. :)

NC schools will travel to play in TN. I'd love to see some games between SP and Robbinsville or Murphy. Would be some good games. I think Robbinsville has won 14 State Championships and I think Murphy has won 9 state championships. Lots of talent in western NC. Smokey Mtn Conference is tough.