South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

26 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says, “The Cream Always Comes To The Top“. The Jasper Jailhouse Kinfolkes been attempting to catch the Pirates fer decades. This Ain’t the year to git closer. The Warriors will get THUNDER STRUCK and hobble back north to yet await another beat down by little brother. “ITS COMING” YepRenSo

Funny that you say mc is trying to catch little brother.  I will bite, y’all have a better program, maybe by far.  What is there to show  from that?  One more gold and silver ball.  Lol, not a whole lot from a 1a power you think?  Victor has tried to make sure that this years pirates will send him out a winner.  I have always heard if you can’t out coach em, out athlete em.  The pirates certainly have the horses to walk straight thru cookeville, it looks like with hardly any resistance.  Time will tell.

5 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Nah, south Pitt university has restocked nicely this year.  From the looks of the middle school game last night they better hit the road even harder.

SP kids will grow. Jaspers will too but they aren’t gonna be 6’6 300 across the board on lineman lol. Rewind 4 years ago Braden Sanders and Alex Nunes looked like the next coming of Eric Westmoreland and was one of biggest kids for both in 8th grade and JJ Beene & Jared Stone was looking like they might end up being 5’4 & 5’8- 5’9 by the time they were upper class men. Will be interesting in seeing how these two groups compare in a few years. Some kids just develop faster than others. Size in little league and Jr High wins games on its on. It helps in High School but thats not always the case. That age group better hang on to Pickett and hope he doesn’t come home where he belongs. Without him that would have all that size and no speed. 
“THE” University of South Pittsburg will be just fine.

Edited by TonyHorton91281

11 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Funny that you say mc is trying to catch little brother.  I will bite, y’all have a better program, maybe by far.  What is there to show  from that?  One more gold and silver ball.  Lol, not a whole lot from a 1a power you think?  Victor has tried to make sure that this years pirates will send him out a winner.  I have always heard if you can’t out coach em, out athlete em.  The pirates certainly have the horses to walk straight thru cookeville, it looks like with hardly any resistance.  Time will tell.

Just curious. When is last time you think Marion out coached SP? 

2 minutes ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

SP kids will grow. Jaspers will too but they aren’t gonna be 6’6 300 across the board on lineman lol. Rewind 4 years ago Braden Sanders and Alex Nunes looked like the next coming of Eric Westmoreland and was one of biggest kids for both in 8th grade and JJ Beene & Jared Stone was looking like they might end up being 5’4 & 5’8- 5’9 by the time they were upper class men. Will be interesting in seeing how these two groups compare in a few years. Some kids just develop faster than others. Size in little league and Jr High wins games on its on. It helps in High School but thats not always the case. That age group better hang on to Pickett and hope he doesn’t come home where he belongs. Without him that would have all that size and no speed. 

Keep your eye on the little league program say this year and the next few. Wanna see some abnormally big kids, they are in the works. 

Some last names may sound familiar.....SP will be just fine. Reloading not recruiting....

2 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Oh, I thought it was raquis or Corbin or starkey or day day, or His brother

Starkey is from Hamburg. SP kids that go to Jasper only to come back to SP doesn’t make them Jaspers kids lol. Y’all are awesome in little league. We def have some catching up to to do there. It’s impressive I will admit that. Not having parks and rec has hurt us. Better hope we don’t get what we are striving for though. 

17 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

LOPWOAO, Old Pirate says, “LONG TERM CONSISTENCY” is what all programs should try to obtain!  The Pirates are annually rarely ever not mentioned as contenders. Pirate fans are & should be proud of the consistent attention their football program’s success has brought to the community, valley & Chattanooga area. This is far more important than being a flash in the pan. You know the term, Even a blind dog can sometimes find a bone. Good luck to all the players representing the State’s Most Heated Rivalry! 

34 minutes ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

Those lineman are abnormal for their age. I’m not sure how much bigger some of them can get but for the next 4 years the Warriors will have some monsters up front. That group is men against boys. SP line will close the gap over the years but will def be undersized up front in this series after 2021. Pickett was still biggest difference maker.

Should have some close battles over next few years. Will be interesting in seeing which kids are gamers that show up and rise to a big game atmosphere. So far it’s been a lackadaisical start to the season for us and they are trending up. Good luck to both teams tonight! At end of the day I’m just glad we are playing football and hope all the kids walk away injury free. 

SP 28

MC 7

The line is huge for us in middle school. Have to control the weight. Some will and some wont more than likely. Pickett is a good one for sure. Hopefully the FB continues to be able to hold that position and not turn into a lineman.

Tonight's score I'm not sure of. I think our kids are playing better than in years past but have they reached the point where they think they can be competitive. A lot of games are won on talent but sometimes it's mental. I'm hoping Coach Pruitt has them in a different mindset.

Hoping for a win but more importantly no kid gets hurt and we have a good game.

25 minutes ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

Pickett is home lol

17 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Congratulations to the middle school Warriors beating the pirates tonight 38-8. Not a bad showing by our kids after a game on Tuesday too.

Old Pirate says looks like The Captain gots them jailhouse kinfolkes right where he wants them! Thinking believing they’s special. Cream comes to the top! How many times has the Pirates been beat by the Warriors in jr. high? OP certainly don’t know, But it certainly ain’t much neither! Got to give an old hound a Sniff ever now and again jest to keep his interest peeked. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE