South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

It looks as though this has turned into a junior pro board since I’ve been gone. I’m just thankful I get to watch the Pirates play a game. It’s been too long for me. Watching some highlights over the past week it looks like Marion is improved.  I’m picking the Pirates at home in this one though. Can’t wait to see a real live game tonight. I hope everyone stays safe.

I'm sure I will see you there.

15 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Congratulations to the middle school Warriors beating the pirates tonight 38-8. Not a bad showing by our kids after a game on Tuesday too.

Those lineman are abnormal for their age. I’m not sure how much bigger some of them can get but for the next 4 years the Warriors will have some monsters up front. That group is men against boys. SP line will close the gap over the years but will def be undersized up front in this series after 2021. Pickett was still biggest difference maker.

Should have some close battles over next few years. Will be interesting in seeing which kids are gamers that show up and rise to a big game atmosphere. So far it’s been a lackadaisical start to the season for us and they are trending up. Good luck to both teams tonight! At end of the day I’m just glad we are playing football and hope all the kids walk away injury free. 

SP 28

MC 7

• Upvote 1