South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

Dearest Mother-

Your youngest son, who is of sound mind and strong body, picks up his quill once more to inform you our battle is at hand.  For several weeks I have heard the howls and war cries coming from the Warrior camp here in the valley.  The distant banging of their pow wow drums have steadily increased with intensity and fervor. Sleep has escaped me for the most part.  No, not out of fear or such, but out of knowing this campaign is of utmost importance. For you see, there is a new Chief leading the uprising.  One that has been known to this valley before.  One that has been welcomed back with a triumphant celebration and hailed as their next Savior.  He has gathered up some of their scattered tribe from out of the Fiery Gizzard from whence Captain Victory exiled them.  He has gathered them together to bring civil war and chaos to the valley.  Especially towards Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates.  But have no fear Sweet Mother of mine, for I can assuredly profess to you and anyone else that Captain Victory is most ready for this battle. For he was borned and groomed for this moment in time.  We all were.  So get into your safe place Sweet Mother of mine and drag Papa along with you. Let loose our farm animals. Let them fend for themselves.   For it has been said that Captain Victory cannot and shall not put down this conquest.  That he will be conquered by Chief Pruitt and his Warriors and be run out of the valley.  But lo and behold I have seen Captain Victory's plans.  Yes, my eyes have gazed upon these wondrous plans that shall be carried out.  And when these plans are put forth and implemented it shall leave no shadow of a doubt who is the greatest Captain in the valley from the beginning of time until the end of ages.  Yes, when the dust has settled upon this valley and the sun rises on the morrow Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates shall stand Victorious and Supreme. And there shall be peace in the valley once more.  Amen and Amen.   Love to all-

Sgt Southtowner  
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says the playing of a large number of players early in games mean coaches testing options fer the best lineup. The 2 main stays on offense are QBSanders, RBFrame, WR Hunter & OL Stone. But with 2 returning starters that sound bout right. The big surprise is freshman kicker by far. OP is looking forward to the THUNDER STRUCK SET with the 6-4, 280 lb FB. It is pure Nasty! 

Coop will be a major D1 kicker at the next level.  It was nice when we had a kicker a few years back.  Nice to be back on here, I just couldn’t help myself, had to come back for vic’s last ride.....

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Dearest Mother-

Your youngest son, who is of sound mind and strong body, picks up his quill once more to inform you our battle is at hand.  For several weeks I have heard the howls and war cries coming from the Warrior camp here in the valley.  The distant banging of their pow wow drums have steadily increased with intensity and fervor. Sleep has escaped me for the most part.  No, not out of fear or such, but out of knowing this campaign is of utmost importance. For you see, there is a new Chief leading the uprising.  One that has been known to this valley before.  One that has been welcomed back with a triumphant celebration and hailed as their next Savior.  He has gathered up some of their scattered tribe from out of the Fiery Gizzard from whence Captain Victory exiled them.  He has gathered them together to bring civil war and chaos to the valley.  Especially towards Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates.  But have no fear Sweet Mother of mine, for I can assuredly profess to you and anyone else that Captain Victory is most ready for this battle. For he was borned and groomed for this moment in time.  We all were.  So get into your safe place Sweet Mother of mine and drag Papa along with you. Let loose our farm animals. Let them fend for themselves.   For it has been said that Captain Victory cannot and shall not put down this conquest.  That he will be conquered by Chief Pruitt and his Warriors and be run out of the valley.  But lo and behold I have seen Captain Victory's plans.  Yes, my eyes have gazed upon these wondrous plans that shall be carried out.  And when these plans are put forth and implemented it shall leave no shadow of a doubt who is the greatest Captain in the valley from the beginning of time until the end of ages.  Yes, when the dust has settled upon this valley and the sun rises on the morrow Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates shall stand Victorious and Supreme. And there shall be peace in the valley once more.  Amen and Amen.   Love to all-

Sgt Southtowner  

Another great one - carry on boys.

It looks as though this has turned into a junior pro board since I’ve been gone. I’m just thankful I get to watch the Pirates play a game. It’s been too long for me. Watching some highlights over the past week it looks like Marion is improved.  I’m picking the Pirates at home in this one though. Can’t wait to see a real live game tonight. I hope everyone stays safe.