Henry County @ Brentwood

PatriotNation

1 hour ago, WiseOne79 said:

Judging by your response, I’m going to assume your in high school. Nothing wrong with that. 2 or 3 plays doesn’t account for 321. Also those 2 or 3 plays don’t account for your offense being held to 38 yards a quarter. I’m glad y’all got some yards on the last drive while beech was in prevent or you might not have broke 100. I will say that my stats came from your hometown paper. Good luck 

Definitely not in high school brother. But since you want to talk about the yards in that game, those big plays was long run plays, I'm not sure of the exact yards on those runs but I would say they was somewhere around 150 yards or so. Being that you say Henry County didnt move the ball that much that is somewhat true, but could you imagine that was our WORST game offensively and we STILL lost by only a TD, lol. Imagine if we played Henry County Football on offense? We can beat Beech, we just have to clean up the mistakes we made in that game. Being that was the 2nd game of the season, with very limited practice heading into the season, no scrimmage games to prepare like a normal season, I think we did just fine. We will be fine i promise you that. Your not the first to disagree with me and you wont be the last. 

4 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Definitely not in high school brother. But since you want to talk about the yards in that game, those big plays was long run plays, I'm not sure of the exact yards on those runs but I would say they was somewhere around 150 yards or so. Being that you say Henry County didnt move the ball that much that is somewhat true, but could you imagine that was our WORST game offensively and we STILL lost by only a TD, lol. Imagine if we played Henry County Football on offense? We can beat Beech, we just have to clean up the mistakes we made in that game. Being that was the 2nd game of the season, with very limited practice heading into the season, no scrimmage games to prepare like a normal season, I think we did just fine. We will be fine i promise you that. Your not the first to disagree with me and you wont be the last. 

Not to mention it was 105 degrees and 4 fans fell out.. LITERALLY  ambulances and the whole 9yards. The game should have been called before it started.  We did not look at all like our HC team that day. But we were able to clean it all up and beat a team they had ranked above us 53-20. We played lights out and could have easily broke 60 and short of a play or 2 we let get away + there recovered onside kick we could have easily kept the to 0. Beech hopes we dont meet in the playoffs. And let's not forget they have 6A numbers at Beech. They had waaay more guys than us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

A lot of things in that post I agree with. This year is a different year with nobody allowed to scrimmage prior to the season. Each week especially these first 4, teams are improving rapidly and learning more about themselves than in a typical year. I would just use the same criteria to judge other teams as you do your own. HC plays a style that is embedded in their every day culture. Blue collar physical football which is tough to matchup with for most teams, Brentwood will have some fits with HC. The other will be true as well. this game will go a long way in making HC a tougher team come playoff time whether it’s a win or loss. That’s the reason for playing this game On both sides. Good luck And enjoy Friday night. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WiseOne79 said:

Judging by your response, I’m going to assume your in high school. Nothing wrong with that. 2 or 3 plays doesn’t account for 321. Also those 2 or 3 plays don’t account for your offense being held to 38 yards a quarter. I’m glad y’all got some yards on the last drive while beech was in prevent or you might not have broke 100. I will say that my stats came from your hometown paper. Good luck 

Ur just a hater bro fr

4 hours ago, WiseOne79 said:

gonna address a couple of things I've seen in this thread. First I'll start with a question.

1. Has HC EVER won a game in Williamson County? as far as I know since 2000, they are 0-11 in Wilco.

2. PatriotNation, Is being outgained 321 to 154 by beech not getting it taken to you? Just because you scored a td with a minute left to make it look more respectable doesn't change that.

3. That Team that roll red is referring to that whooped Brentwood is Brentwood academy. They are a top 3 team in the state, nuff said.

4. Brentwood won't overlook HC this time around. After what happen last year, after losing to BA last time out, and not being able to play last week Brentwood will be plenty focused on HC.

5. With all that being said, this should be one of the best games in the state, and I don't think anybody gets blown out. 1 score ballgame either way. Good luck to both.

But who have they beaten?  The 1 game they won was to a trash team. If we lose and keep it close it's still a win for HC. 

2 minutes ago, WiseOne79 said:

A lot of things in that post I agree with. This year is a different year with nobody allowed to scrimmage prior to the season. Each week especially these first 4, teams are improving rapidly and learning more about themselves than in a typical year. I would just use the same criteria to judge other teams as you do your own. HC plays a style that is embedded in their every day culture. Blue collar physical football which is tough to matchup with for most teams, Brentwood will have some fits with HC. The other will be true as well. this game will go a long way in making HC a tougher team come playoff time whether it’s a win or loss. That’s the reason for playing this game On both sides. Good luck And enjoy Friday night. 

Yes sir, I can agree with that. Another thing to keep in mind is we are still a really young team, a lot of very good Sophomores, so some of those early season struggles could be a little because of that. Either way I think we grew up a lot in the Beech game and I think it showed a little last Friday night. We did beat 2 teams so far this year that was in the 4A and 5A semifinals last year. Lol. I know it's a different year but that's still pretty nice to do.

6 minutes ago, RollRed said:

But who have they beaten?  The 1 game they won was to a trash team. If we lose and keep it close it's still a win for HC. 

This is a valid question. Their 1 win is nolensville 47-12. Nolensville was a 4a semi finalist and lost to the team that won the gold ball. With the lack of scrimmages this year and the early schedule being what it is, it’s hard to tell how good they are again. If Nolensville is similar to last year then I would say it’s a huge win. Just as you would say the Haywood win was huge for HC. The rest of the season will tell us more about both early W’s for HC and BHS.