Henry County @ Brentwood

PatriotNation

4 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

I agree with a little pieces from just about everybody that has posted. It's still hard for me to get a grip on this game. Was we that bad or was Brentwood really that dad gum good? I mean from what i saw Brentwood is a freaking monster. If they played like that the rest of the year good grief look out 6A. What's yalls thoughts on that. Was they that good or was we that bad?

I believe Brentwood is very good top 5 in 6a. But also the football nut that I am ,I look for every problem with that i can find to make HC better. HC has more talent than what we are seeing. Look at film to many mistakes by some two way players. lbs jogging behind the piay and BW running by them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dadriot12 said:

I believe Brentwood is very good top 5 in 6a. But also the football nut that I am ,I look for every problem with that i can find to make HC better. HC has more talent than what we are seeing. Look at film to many mistakes by some two way players. lbs jogging behind the piay and BW running by them.

I agree man. I have been calling for it since week 1. I wanna see Norman Duncan occasionally at the QB spot and swap out with Ryan. Give the defenses more to worry about. Norman is a heck of a player. He has never disappointed when they put him there. 

12 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

I agree man. I have been calling for it since week 1. I wanna see Norman Duncan occasionally at the QB spot and swap out with Ryan. Give the defenses more to worry about. Norman is a heck of a player. He has never disappointed when they put him there. 

Cole Townsend, Eli Bona and others have proven their talent. The QB at the end of Dyer County game was awesome. But yet sorry for the #'s but 47, 36, 32, were exhausted by the half way point of the second quarter. and it showed up on defense, look at the film, sorry guys. some of the lineman were lost 71,74 please pay attention and learn. You all are very talented, the #'s  i mentioned above, but its all out all the time or let someone else play. 

• Like 1

This was what I saw tonight. I saw the refs make a couple horrible calls/no calls on the HC sideline. One was the catch down by the goal line in the last 3 mins of the second quarter on 3rd down. The player was in the air when he caught it and landed out of bounds by 6 inches or more. This play changed momentum all the way to BW. Second one was the noncall of pass interference on the DB that grabbed Odoms right in front of the ref and he saw nothing. Big drive killing no call. 

Secondly, there was no adjustments made to the defensive secondary in the second half.  BW KILLED them with 2 plays. First was the screen play that they ran about 15 times and the other was the slot receiver running a slant right behind the LBs and splitting the safeties for long gash plays. The fans could see it but apparently the coaches in the press box couldn't. And furthermore, even though running the ball is your bread and butter, you cannot run the ball against 8 and 9 man fronts. There's no way. Damrons talent is being wasted if you won't let him throw the ball down field some to loosten up the defense some. Running the same roll out pass play every time its 3rd and long wont work neither. You cannot roll the QB out to the right and half your receivers be running plays toward the sideline on the left essentially giving him 2 options instead of 4. Thats a terrible play design. The formula has been shown at how to be the Pats. Will the coaches fix it or keep on with the same strategy is the question.

6 hours ago, matt_8777 said:

And furthermore, even though running the ball is your bread and butter, you cannot run the ball against 8 and 9 man fronts. There's no way. Damrons talent is being wasted if you won't let him throw the ball down field some to loosten up the defense some. Running the same roll out pass play every time its 3rd and long wont work neither. 

I don’t agree with that at all. Beech does it everyday in every way. They will put 10 in the box and cram it down your throat all night. 
They beat a very good Hendersonville Team last night with only 4 pass attempts. 

On 9/6/2020 at 8:15 PM, Director said:

Red, it’s not gonna be a good ending. I’m sorry. 

Brentwood is a very good football team as HC found out last night. HC is a good football team too. You got beat by a 6A powerhouse. Nothing to hang your head about. Just got to go back and go to work. 
You don’t become the best by playing cupcakes. Just got to step your game up. 

You found some weaknesses and things you need to work on.
In the end this game means nothing to the big picture. Just makes you more prepared for the playoff stretch. 

if you don’t know your weaknesses, how do you get better. Same is true in life. 

What I hate to see is Monday morning quarterbacks. 
Like I said., this game was not gonna end well, but in the end you will be better for it. Just my thoughts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Director said:

Brentwood is a very good football team as HC found out last night. HC is a good football team too. You got beat by a 6A powerhouse. Nothing to hang your head about. Just got to go back and go to work. 
You don’t become the best by playing cupcakes. Just got to step your game up. 

You found some weaknesses and things you need to work on.
In the end this game means nothing to the big picture. Just makes you more prepared for the playoff stretch. 

if you don’t know your weaknesses, how do you get better. Same is true in life. 

What I hate to see is Monday morning quarterbacks. 
Like I said., this game was not gonna end well, but in the end you will be better for it. Just my thoughts. 

Thank you sir. BRENTWOOD was definitely better than expected.  I hope they make it all the way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheGuru2point0 said:

What I saw is Henry County players that "think" they are D1 guys get their doors blowed off. Jawon had a couple of nice little plays but other than that he did nothing. Ryan Damron started off ok, but soon looked like a 7 grade QB. Don't talk the talk boys if you cant walk the 

Is this guy trolling?? I'm sure you could do so much better. HC will be fine. We dont need Johny come lately to come In on Saturday morning and do nothing but piss and moan.  Show up at practice and get this team turned around sir. 

33 minutes ago, TheGuru2point0 said:

Henry County thinks they are better than they really are. If they was in a different region besides the one with all the Clarksville teams they would be lucky to win 5 games a year.

You should specify, the players and coaches I’m sure are more humble than that. HC fans on the other hand are loud on Coacht and full of excuses if something doesn’t go there way. Two way players, less populized roster.... blah blah. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS