White House at Springfield

BDP2003

36 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Tbh the Jackets are a little sloppy......the high snaps are still a serious issue. Box has saved us a lot with them tonight.....still scored 48 as of now  

The snaps should get corrected next week. Number 55 will be back next week. He was out this week due to being ejected last week. He had replaced 68 beginning with the Station Camp game. 

26 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

And that last one was with about 2 minutes to go......I’ll give them credit their two running backs are pretty good 

#9 and #32 are pretty good.  I was surprised though WH couldn’t get 3 yards on the 4th down play in the 3rd quarter. We threw #9 for a loss on that play. Then we drive 95 yards for our last TD 

6 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

#9 and #32 are pretty good.  I was surprised though WH couldn’t get 3 yards on the 4th down play in the 3rd quarter. We threw #9 for a loss on that play. Then we drive 95 yards for our last TD 

I was surprised WH left their starters in the whole game, after the game was decided in the fourth qt. I guess wanting to try and save a little face, but you risk injury to your main guys. With WH having a legit shot to finish second in the region and host a playoff game, it’s foolish to me to needlessly risk injury to your starters. 

Just now, Poundtherock23 said:

I was surprised WH left their starters in the whole game, after the game was decided in the fourth qt. I guess wanting to try and save a little face, but you risk injury to your main guys. With WH having a legit shot to finish second in the region and host a playoff game, it’s foolish to me to needlessly risk injury to your starters. 

I was surprised to see them in the game, too.  We aren’t coaching so I try not to 2nd guess them.  

6 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Didn’t surprise me at all. They wanted to score on our subs to make it look better. The only time WH stopped the Springfield offense was when they blocked the punt for a score, but that drive began with a bad snap that lost 10 yards which greatly enabled WH to get off the field. 

The fear of kicking deep to 9 gave the Devils numerous short fields as well, yet they could hardly take advantage. I’m glad we faced a team with a couple of good running backs and a decent scheme to get them yardage. Springfield’s young defense will learn more from this game than the three others combined.

Glad to get the win and come out without having injuries. 

2 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Didn’t surprise me at all. They wanted to score on our subs to make it look better. The only time WH stopped the Springfield offense was when they blocked the punt for a score, but that drive began with a bad snap that lost 10 yards which greatly enabled WH to get off the field. 

The fear of kicking deep to 9 gave the Devils numerous short fields as well, yet they could hardly take advantage. I’m glad we faced a team with a couple of good running backs and a decent scheme to get them yardage. Springfield’s young defense will learn more from this game than the three others combined.

Glad to get the win and come out without having injuries. 

Amen

For those that didn’t hear it, tonight on 104.5 The Zone the great Guru Murphy Fair said that the Springfield-White House rivalry dates back to Boyce Smith. The guru is a foolru, the series didn’t begin until 1987. Coach Smith retired in 1972. Murphy is knowledgeable in most things high school football related, but not this time. 

• Like 1