South Pittsburg @ Huntland (Captain Victory vs Hornet Robertson)

Southtowner

Dearest Mother-

Once again, your youngest son, who is of sound mind and strong body, picks up his goose quill to inform you of our past, present and future campaigns. Last week we were about to engage the warriors from the village of Jasper.  And just when the time came for the battle to commence, their Chief, RunAndHides, gathered up his would be force and fled into the Fiery Gizzard once more.  It must be true; his plumed headdress is made from chicken feathers.  Then, Captain Victory, try as he might, could not get Chief RunAndHides to reschedule our battle against his feathered flock.  Therefore, Captain Victory and his band of Pirates have moved forward and set their trained eyes upon another campaign.  This one against the Hornet men from the land of Huntland.  Led by none other than Major Blue Hornet Robertson. We have never ventured into this Hornets nest that lies beautifully tucked away in the land of Huntland.  But, I do believe Sweet Mother of mine, we have plenty of Bruton left over from our prior two battles with two different swarms of YellowJacket men.  Tell Papa the word around the port of South Pittsburg is that the Lion men from the Red Banks above the scenic city shall not traverse down the Tanasi. Tell him the unseen enemy has reached out and struck again. Upon hearing  this unfortunate news, Captain Victory has sent out a call into other lands, ports, hills and valleys for someone to step forward and accept an invitation to The Beene.  Maybe that call was heard.  Maybe that call will be answered. We shall see. But for the meantime, our full attention is our trek into the Hornets nest. Then afterwards, our fate for the following week will rest in the Hands of the Almighty.  Sweet Mother of mine, there are a lot of unknowns in this campaign season. But one thing I was taught early on was to trust in the Lord. Yes, I trust in Him.  And I also trust in Captain Victory.  For wherever he leads I will follow.  And just like cousin Merle's song lyrics say, I sing them now.  Yes, I sing them now to everyone here and back home; If we make it through December, everything's gonna be alright I know.  Love to all-

Sgt Southtowner
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Dearest Mother-

Once again, your youngest son, who is of sound mind and strong body, picks up his goose quill to inform you of our past, present and future campaigns. Last week we were about to engage the warriors from the village of Jasper.  And just when the time came for the battle to commence, their Chief, RunAndHides, gathered up his would be force and fled into the Fiery Gizzard once more.  It must be true; his plumed headdress is made from chicken feathers.  Then, Captain Victory, try as he might, could not get Chief RunAndHides to reschedule our battle against his feathered flock.  Therefore, Captain Victory and his band of Pirates have moved forward and set their trained eyes upon another campaign.  This one against the Hornet men from the land of Huntland.  Led by none other than Major Blue Hornet Robertson. We have never ventured into this Hornets nest that lies beautifully tucked away in the land of Huntland.  But, I do believe Sweet Mother of mine, we have plenty of Bruton left over from our prior two battles with two different swarms of YellowJacket men.  Tell Papa the word around the port of South Pittsburg is that the Lion men from the Red Banks above the scenic city shall not traverse down the Tanasi. Tell him the unseen enemy has reached out and struck again. Upon hearing  this unfortunate news, Captain Victory has sent out a call into other lands, ports, hills and valleys for someone to step forward and accept an invitation to The Beene.  Maybe that call was heard.  Maybe that call will be answered. We shall see. But for the meantime, our full attention is our trek into the Hornets nest. Then afterwards, our fate for the following week will rest in the Hands of the Almighty.  Sweet Mother of mine, there are a lot of unknowns in this campaign season. But one thing I was taught early on was to trust in the Lord. Yes, I trust in Him.  And I also trust in Captain Victory.  For wherever he leads I will follow.  And just like cousin Merle's song lyrics say, I sing them now.  Yes, I sing them now to everyone here and back home; If we make it through December, everything's gonna be alright I know.  Love to all-

Sgt Southtowner

amen and amen