Waverly travels to Scott's Hill

Wavo2004

Wavo is too much for our young kids this season with a handful of Seniors, four Juniors, and the rest Sophomores and Freshmen. We got drummed last night by a very athletic Fayette Ware team, but I heard some encouraging things on the broadcast... we actually moved the ball decently well both passing and running, just waaayyy too many turnovers and completely outmatched in speed and strength. We went from a good interim coach, to a bad (very) coach, now to a great (IMO) but unproven one. Two years of uncertain who the coach will be, then repelling the kids who you have results in a long rebuild. One or two more good classes and we'll be back on track, but for now we just don't have the maturity to play with the top of the region.

41 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Wavo is too much for our young kids this season with a handful of Seniors, four Juniors, and the rest Sophomores and Freshmen. We got drummed last night by a very athletic Fayette Ware team, but I heard some encouraging things on the broadcast... we actually moved the ball decently well both passing and running, just waaayyy too many turnovers and completely outmatched in speed and strength. We went from a good interim coach, to a bad (very) coach, now to a great (IMO) but unproven one. Two years of uncertain who the coach will be, then repelling the kids who you have results in a long rebuild. One or two more good classes and we'll be back on track, but for now we just don't have the maturity to play with the top of the region.

Waverly has to clean up penalties on offense for me to say they would be too much for anyone. And we are also kinda young so I'm thinking this could be a good game. I always respect your posts and opinions tho. Looking forward to seeing this game.

3 hours ago, Tigers6056 said:

Waverly has to clean up penalties on offense for me to say they would be too much for anyone. And we are also kinda young so I'm thinking this could be a good game. I always respect your posts and opinions tho. Looking forward to seeing this game.

Don't get me wrong, our attitude and grit are there. Coaches have put the love of football and the desire to be better back into our kids, but inexperience and youth take time (and reps) to fix. I know from experience that we are on the right track and that we will get there, but I also know that Rome wasn't built in a day. 130 pound Freshmen and Sophomores can and often do contribute on some very good teams, but those teams usually have spots here and there that need filled, with the bulk of players being seasoned veterans. Add to that, our "lead by example" Senior has been out with an injury all season, and our QB who took 80% of the snaps this (limited) summer badly sprained his ankle in the first half of our first game and will be out indefinitely. Not knocking our kids at all, they're fearless, driven, and persistent... in a season or two they'll be tough to handle, and if everything clicks into place, maybe sooner, but I doubt that it's this week against what I think is the region champ. 2020 has been a bad time to be young too. Limited contact practice and already a missed game to Covid last week has us at about a first game of the season readiness level. Sounds like a string of excuses, but simply the truth.

22 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Hey Trader, you wouldn't happen to have a roster of this years Scotts Hill football team would you?

On 9/12/2020 at 9:41 PM, tradertwo said:

Don't get me wrong, our attitude and grit are there. Coaches have put the love of football and the desire to be better back into our kids, but inexperience and youth take time (and reps) to fix. I know from experience that we are on the right track and that we will get there, but I also know that Rome wasn't built in a day. 130 pound Freshmen and Sophomores can and often do contribute on some very good teams, but those teams usually have spots here and there that need filled, with the bulk of players being seasoned veterans. Add to that, our "lead by example" Senior has been out with an injury all season, and our QB who took 80% of the snaps this (limited) summer badly sprained his ankle in the first half of our first game and will be out indefinitely. Not knocking our kids at all, they're fearless, driven, and persistent... in a season or two they'll be tough to handle, and if everything clicks into place, maybe sooner, but I doubt that it's this week against what I think is the region champ. 2020 has been a bad time to be young too. Limited contact practice and already a missed game to Covid last week has us at about a first game of the season readiness level. Sounds like a string of excuses, but simply the truth.

Hey r y'all selling tickets at the gate or will they send em to the school?