Week 6 - Oak Ridge @ Clinton

CardinalGrey

9 minutes ago, CardinalGrey said:

Anderson County has not been interested in playing Oak Ridge, according to our staff.

thats ashame, that would be a HUGE gate and could become a friendly cross town rivalry with some darn good football with high flying and physical play. Considering this little slump Oak Ridge is in is just a temporary thing 

7 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I don't believe Oak Ridge is in a "slump" per say. Oak Ridge has lost to some very good teams in DB, Farragut, and West. 

I still believe OR will beat us pretty handily Friday night. If OR struggles with us, then I'll finally believe OR is in a slump.

Yeah, I get the OR fan frustration, but there is no shame in losing the three games that they've lost so far. They still have Powell and Mt. Juliet, who are both unbeaten. Could go 5-5 with five quality losses. Rough schedule.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Yeah, I get the OR fan frustration, but there is no shame in losing the three games that they've lost so far. They still have Powell and Mt. Juliet, who are both unbeaten. Could go 5-5 with five quality losses. Rough schedule.

But I love how willing Oak Ridge is to go out and schedule some big time out of district games. Being prepared at 5 and 5 for the playoffs is sometimes better than a 10 and 0 unbattled team. Ask DB back when they let William Blount handle them 1st round 2006 and Mcminn in 2008

Edited by Thund3rStruck
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thund3rStruck said:

But I love how willing Oak Ridge is to go out and schedule some big time out of district games. Being prepared at 5 and 5 for the playoffs is sometimes better than a 10 and 0 unbattled team. Ask DB back when they let William Blount handle them 1st round 2006 and Mcminn in 2008

Totally agree. I'd much rather be battle-tested, as long as my team doesn't get too battered along the way.

34 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Totally agree. I'd much rather be battle-tested, as long as my team doesn't get too battered along the way.

Staying healthy is key, but finding that chemistry along the way and getting better by playing the best will pay dividends for most teams. I'll take my chances with a 5 and 5 Oak Ridge against a 9 and 1 team with a weak schedule 

That’s how I feel, Papa B. We got shellacked in every loss for the most part. A bounce or fumble recovery or 2, or little Hayward not getting hurt might have made the Farragut game closer, but the other two we pretty much got dominated in. I’d feel better and more optimistic if that wasn’t the case. BTW, where’s Catswild and Bonkers? They’ve both pretty much tucked tail. Come on fellers, no shame in losing to a great team like West. I miss the banter.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

That’s how I feel, Papa B. We got shellacked in every loss for the most part. A bounce or fumble recovery or 2, or little Hayward not getting hurt might have made the Farragut game closer, but the other two we pretty much got dominated in. I’d feel better and more optimistic if that wasn’t the case. BTW, where’s Catswild and Bonkers? They’ve both pretty much tucked tail. Come on fellers, no shame in losing to a great team like West. I miss the banter.

I was actually impressed with the score in the West game. West is supposed to be up there with Powell. I didnt watch the game but West didn't blow them out like a top 2 or 3 team should have. I thought Oak Ridge had drastically improved since the DB game

4 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

I was actually impressed with the score in the West game. West is supposed to be up there with Powell. I didnt watch the game but West didn't blow them out like a top 2 or 3 team should have. I thought Oak Ridge had drastically improved since the DB game

Honestly, West killed themselves on a few drives with snaps over the QBs head, stupid penalties and the like, but you could say the same for us. We surely didn’t help ourselves on offense any, that’s for sure. They didn’t run the ball all over us though like DB, but Mattress, their star studded RB wasn’t near full strength either, so I’m sure if he was healthy that may have been a different story. I hope we come out and take care of biz Friday night. We definitely need to “handle” the teams we’re supposed to. Hope the staff and boys put in some xtra work in practice this week.