Riverside vs Camden

Pantherpride45

10 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Yea they expect talent to “pop out of nowhere”. Just like the kid that moved to Camden from Las Vegas this year. Oh and can’t forget Deshawn Brown who moved to Camden from Chicago. Amazing. I bet some “new” kids move into Camden the next several years. They definitely don’t have the talent “yet” and it’s hard to win without it. 

Kind of like the Dooley brothers?  You can't accept transfers when you get them and then cry foul when others get them.  

19 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

You say that about Camden's region but Waverly's region is Waverly and Riverside.  That's it.  Camden will be in that region in 2021 and 2022 based on their latest enrollment numbers.  

Scotts Hill, Hickman County, East Hickman, Houston County, etc. are no better than Stewart County, Harpeth, Sycamore, and Cheatham County annually.  Any of them could potentially be strong on a given year but any of them could also struggle on a given year.  

East Hickman just thumped Cheatham County last night. Hickman is a historically tough program. Scott’s Hill is a decent squad that’s rebuilding. So what’s your point?

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

That's comical.  I believe you have the roles reversed.  Matt McConnell had some great years at Waverly and took them to the State Semifinals on two separate occasions.  Waverly historically is not "a powerhouse" as you can see by their overall history.  

Waverly Tigers Football Coaching History

Randall Boldin (10-6):  2019-PRESENT

Matt McConnell (50-13):  2014-2018

Trey Graves (32-61):  2005-2013

Eric Pullen (20-41):  1999-2004

James Thaxton (10-12):  1997-1998

Andy Daniels (5-6):  1996

Mike Maloney (6-5):  1995

Ray Hampton (78-39):  1992-1994; 1983-1989 (the stadium is named after him)

Robert Brown (10-11):  1990-1991

Ray Hamption coached 10 years at Waverly overall.  Matt McConnell coached 5 years at Waverly overall.  He won 28 more games in 5 extra years.  Do the math.  

You just made yourself look bad ,those stats just proved the other guys point you where arguing against, the big three that was there for his years was possibly the best trio in 2A and the minute they are gone poof goes the McConnell ! I don't get into to spats between poster much but come on fella !!!!

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

That's comical.  I believe you have the roles reversed.  Matt McConnell had some great years at Waverly and took them to the State Semifinals on two separate occasions.  Waverly historically is not "a powerhouse" as you can see by their overall history.  

Waverly Tigers Football Coaching History

Randall Boldin (10-6):  2019-PRESENT

Matt McConnell (50-13):  2014-2018

Trey Graves (32-61):  2005-2013

Eric Pullen (20-41):  1999-2004

James Thaxton (10-12):  1997-1998

Andy Daniels (5-6):  1996

Mike Maloney (6-5):  1995

Ray Hampton (78-39):  1992-1994; 1983-1989 (the stadium is named after him)

Robert Brown (10-11):  1990-1991

Ray Hamption coached 10 years at Waverly overall.  Matt McConnell coached 5 years at Waverly overall.  He won 28 more games in 5 extra years.  Do the math.  

Honestly anyone could've won with waverly the years matt was there,  he should have won at least 2 state championships with them if he was a truly good coach,  if you followed waverly for the past 6 years you would know what i mean.  He won the games he was supposed to win at waverly and never really won any games that he shouldn't win.  When you win the game that you ain't supposed to win, that's what makes a good coach.  The only real notable win he got was when he when beat fairview in double overtime.   He always crumbled on the big games, every year

13 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Kind of like the Dooley brothers?  You can't accept transfers when you get them and then cry foul when others get them.  

Yea the Dooley brothers. Lucky us. The dad got a job at CAMDEN Chevrolet. Didn’t want to play at Camden because his wife works in Dickson. So him his family and his Kids live in Waverly in between the two. Legit lucky scenario. You don’t see us getting stud players from out of state who are living with ppl who are not his parents like Deshawn was under Blow. Crooked man. 

Edited by Trollin

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

East Hickman just thumped Cheatham County last night. Hickman is a historically tough program. Scott’s Hill is a decent squad that’s rebuilding. So what’s your point?

And Cheatham County would have thumped East Hickman in 2017 and 2018.  I'm just saying that traditionally those teams are evenly matched.  Scotts Hill is average at best.  Don't try to tell me that they are "good".  My point is that Region 6-2A is no better than Region 6-3A.  Trust me.  I know.  Stewart County tried to schedule a game with Scotts Hill this summer when the "hybrid" schedule was proposed and Scotts Hill wanted no part of it.  

Edited by howdoitknow

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I’m enjoying this back and fourth with you so don’t get it twisted. I think your missing his point. It has nothing to do with transfers :roll:

How do it know is a great poster imo,but it's easy to get defensive on here,heck we have all done it ! But without the three Cape wearing studs he had at wavo his years there what would that record be ? And no offense to Wavo but a fact is a fact !

Edited by PeabodyPride

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

How do it know is a great poster imo,but it's easy to get defensive on here,heck we have all done it ! But without the three Cape wearing studs he had at wavo his years there what would that record be ? And no offense to Wavo but a fact is a fact !

Dixon, Bradley, Stanfield, and the other kid who played basketball and golf were great players I agree.