McKenzie to host USJ September 25

VOLnWTN

Got to give a lot of credit to McKenzie. There were a couple of spots where it looked like USJ would take a big lead, but the Rebels never let up. Really well-played game by two good teams. 

That's a good win for the Bruins against a quality opponent. Still some things to clean up of course. Onto the next game whoever the heck it's against!

• Upvote 1

Turned out to be a good one.  The 3 weeks off really showed early in McKenzie.  We came out in the second half and played better but not as good as we did in the Peabody game.  USJ is an outstanding football team.  Very polished and fundamentally sound.  I don’t see how they don’t get to the DII championship.  
For McKenzie, this game was all about just getting to play.  You can’t replace preparing for an opponent vs well, another bye week in practice.  

Good luck USJ!  

• Like 1

McKenzie has a very good team. Thought the Bruins could open it late in the second half but McKenzie did not quit.  Their opening drive in the second was perfection.  The Qb has the quickest release and #7 is a good ball player.  Glad we got to play. 
Interesting stat for the game

Total Penalties 

McKenzie -2

USJ  - 1

A good clean game

Edited by USJalum88
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I actually picked McKenzie to win on Facebook and just shows that they are as good as I been saying. When Peabody and McKenzie meet again in the playoffs it’s going to be a dandy!

Your right on that. I was Impressed with them having so much down time also. They may be dangerous if they can get a few more games under their belt. Why did they not try an onside kick after their last score?

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I actually picked McKenzie to win on Facebook and just shows that they are as good as I been saying. When Peabody and McKenzie meet again in the playoffs it’s going to be a dandy!

If we come out guns blazing it won’t be. It shouldnt have been as close as it was this last time.