Copper Basin @ George Walton Academy (GA)

Narco

3 hours ago, TheRefuter said:

I think it's more about having some aspect of control. We already have to travel to Beene so controlling when is comforting. 

It wouldn't sit right with me if we won the region due to COVID. You wouldn't hear a word from me about it. I hope you guys stay healthy and that the best team wins and makes a run. 

No Basin alum wants the easy way. 

I like you and Commander, but your HC isn’t an Alum.  He may have a different agenda.  

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

They won’t play us right now.  They are hoping we get COVID so they will win the region by default.  

There is nothing Basin would hate worse than to not get to play SP. Basin folks would rather lose to South Pitt than to win by Covid. It would suck for Basin to have a decent team this year and maybe a shot at playing a good game with SP or maybe even winning and not get to because of this Covid crap. SP has hands down beat Basin way more than we have them. Basin will still step out on that field to give hits and receive hits and not be scared.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MDJ said:

The HC CB does NOT have a hidden agenda, nor is he afraid to see play anyone!  He doesn’t want to back into anything.  He proved that at Red Bank.  

Aren’t you his father in law? It might be a biased opinion. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you on some Red Bank threads. 

Edited by captain1A

I am indeed his father-in-law and, obviously, grandfather to Bryson Grabowski.  However, what you don’t know is that I am not one who blindly supports people or positions.  I do my best to evaluate situations and issues to determine what in my evaluation is the truth.  My degree is in “old school journalism” which means I search for the who, what, when, where and how and leave the “why” to the editorial section.  I want the true facts and let the informed decide right from wrong.  Today’s “journalists” prefer to tell what they think & expect you to go along with their position   Additionally, I am a retired basketball game official.  My reputation in FL and in Southern California was “ I called the play in accordance with the rules of the game, regardless of who was playing.”  Vic Bubus, former commissioner of the Sun Belt Conference, hired me as the Supervisor of the Sun Belt Basketball Officials back in the early 1980’s because my approach to issues was based on facts, not on conjecture  

What I DO NOT do is comment on something about which I don’t KNOW the facts.  When I say Coach doesn’t have a hidden agenda, THAT, sir, is a fact. I know the man.

So, if you are intimating my assessment on Coach Grabowski is based on whims and feelings not the facts, you, sir, are sadly mistaken.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MDJ said:

I am indeed his father-in-law and, obviously, grandfather to Bryson Grabowski.  However, what you don’t know is that I am not one who blindly supports people or positions.  I do my best to evaluate situations and issues to determine what in my evaluation is the truth.  My degree is in “old school journalism” which means I search for the who, what, when, where and how and leave the “why” to the editorial section.  I want the true facts and let the informed decide right from wrong.  Today’s “journalists” prefer to tell what they think & expect you to go along with their position   Additionally, I am a retired basketball game official.  My reputation in FL and in Southern California was “ I called the play in accordance with the rules of the game, regardless of who was playing.”  Vic Bubus, former commissioner of the Sun Belt Conference, hired me as the Supervisor of the Sun Belt Basketball Officials back in the early 1980’s because my approach to issues was based on facts, not on conjecture  

What I DO NOT do is comment on something about which I don’t KNOW the facts.  When I say Coach doesn’t have a hidden agenda, THAT, sir, is a fact. I know the man.

So, if you are intimating my assessment on Coach Grabowski is based on whims and feelings not the facts, you, sir, are sadly mistaken.  

Very well written!!I for one would be just like your son,play it when it was scheduled and it being week 10 and both more than likely undefeated will make for a great ending of the season and a GREAT region finale.Although I still think Pitt will run away with it but Kudos to your boy for standing his ground and giving his team time to get better before the game.

19 minutes ago, MDJ said:

My degree is in “old school journalism” which means I search for the who, what, when, where and how and leave the “why” to the editorial section.  I want the true facts and let the informed decide right from wrong.  

If only more "journalists" were like that.  Most articles these days are written like a Facebook post.  Thus the reason I put quotation marks around the word jounalists

Edited by The Drunken Sailor
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MDJ said:

So, if you are intimating my assessment on Coach Grabowski is based on whims and feelings not the facts, you, sir, are sadly 

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Very well written!!I for one would be just like your son,play it when it was scheduled and it being week 10 and both more than likely undefeated will make for a great ending of the season and a GREAT region finale.Although I still think Pitt will run away with it but Kudos to your boy for standing his ground and giving his team time to get better before the game.

If it were my ream I would care more about winning the playoff game. 2 months to study your opponent is better than 2 weeks. JMO

13 hours ago, team69 said:

If it were my ream I would care more about winning the playoff game. 2 months to study your opponent is better than 2 weeks. JMO

That's how I feel about it. I hate that those Pirate seniors missed out on a game opportunity, but I think that Grabowski made the best call for the Cougs in this situation.

We all knew this kind of stuff could happen when we decided to play this fall, but I think we're allowing fear to dictate a sport where we teach young men to shun fear. Hopefully both teams get to finish out the remaining games without incident. 

Edited by TheRefuter
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

This entire season has been a venture into uncharted waters.  Each week has presented challenges never previously encountered.  As it has turned out Copper Basin had a two week “break” they didn’t want. We can only hope & pray the season will be able to play out.