Milan vs Covington Region 7-3A showdown

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Alright y’all help me out because I think my stream was locking up. In 1st OT Milan got ball 1st and ended up getting kick blocked correct? Covington then gets ball down to 2 ft line on 4th and goes for it and Milan holds, correct? Is that what happened and if so why not kick the ball for the win?

1st OT Milan has kick blocked, Covington fumbled first play

2nd OT Covington stopped at 1 yd line on 4th down, Milan fumbled on the second play

3rd OT Milan scored TD, Covington threw INT on first play. Ballgame 

Edited by GoDawgs28

5 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Alright y’all help me out because I think my stream was locking up. In 1st OT Milan got ball 1st and ended up getting kick blocked correct? Covington then gets ball down to 2 ft line on 4th and goes for it and Milan holds, correct? Is that what happened and if so why not kick the ball for the win?

It was nuts. That’s all I can say. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GoDawgs28 said:

1st OT Milan has kick blocked, Covington fumbled first play

2nd OT Covington stopped at 1 yd line on 4th down, Milan fumbled on the second play

3rd OT Milan scored TD, Covington threw INT on first play. Ballgame 

Ok I thought this whole time that Covington went for it on 4th & 1 and didn’t kick for the win and then started reading on here. Yep, the stream had locked up.

Well I called the overtime right... Does that score any points?

I also called a turn over in overtime right... 

I also called that Diffee would find a way to score a couple of TD's. 

I just did not pick the winner correct. ( went with the home team )

I knew this was going to all out brawl.

Sounds like its a shame that either team had to lose the contest. 

Congrats to my ole friend BPM and the dawgs on the big win and sealing up the region 7 crown.

Folks that do not have to play in this region year in a year out do not understand what it means to play in this region.... I personally, think that our region is a little down this year because McNairy, and Bolivar are not very good this year. I would take our top 4 against ANY other region in the state.... 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Well I called the overtime right... Does that score any points?

I also called a turn over in overtime right... 

I also called that Diffee would find a way to score a couple of TD's. 

I just did not pick the winner correct. ( went with the home team )

I knew this was going to all out brawl

I would take our top 4 against ANY other region in the state.... 

Yep you were pretty much right on the $$. Good call. You should be on with S.V Pelt tonight. Def extra pts for the OT(but you didn't call 3). Diffee didn't find a way those dawgs did

"I would take our top 4 against ANY other region in the state.." There are only 4-5 at most legit teams in entire state for 3AAA (PC, E Nash, Cov, Milan, Alcoa) the rest are mediocre at best

I'd go

1.Alcoa

2.Cov

2.Milan

4. PC

5.E Nash

Great game by Milan

Dude on the Cov stream was terrible. Guy was saying #28 LB wasn't out there, was plain as day he was. Was hyper on #8 making a great hit that was basically nothing more than a lean into left shoulder. SVP Top Homer of the night award.

All in good fun, though he's terrible, I appreciate he's doing it, glad he's excited, homering and all

13 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

Yep you were pretty much right on the $$. Good call. You should be on with S.V Pelt tonight. Def extra pts for the OT(but you didn't call 3). Diffee didn't find a way those dawgs did

"I would take our top 4 against ANY other region in the state.." There are only 4-5 at most legit teams in entire state for 3AAA (PC, E Nash, Cov, Milan, Alcoa) the rest are mediocre at best

I'd go

1.Alcoa

2.Cov

2.Milan

4. PC

5.E Nash

Great game by Milan

Loudon and Redbank were #3 and #4 in the poll last week and both undefeated. They both won convincingly tonight. Curious how good they really are. Neither has anything for Alcoa I would imagine.