Does McMinn challenge for a district title

Thund3rStruck

51 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

McMinn Non-Region Schedule this year is Central, Sequoyah, Bearden and Notre Dame........So fare this season these four have combined for just 2 wins.......What happen to McMinn playing Rhea County, Oak Ridge and Farragut? Oottewah and Cleveland are both down.....add to that Heritage and William Blount not being jaggernauts.....Only two games that will challenge the Cherokees are Bradley and Maryville....

:thumb:

9 hours ago, Raider1234 said:

In reality, players can't control a schedule, they just play the team in front of them. Notre Dame should be a great out of district game for them, its not anyone's fault they aren't winning. McMinn wasn't relevant a few years back so Oak Ridge beefed up their schedule and so did Farragut. Its not working out for them much though is it. McMinn can go 10 and 0 and upset Marivul but it still will come back to. Well they are only undefeated due to a weak schedule. Some teams have to play who accepts or pick someone else up when they get dropped, its just the way it is. 

Edited by Thund3rStruck

5 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

I thought the new coaching hire was going to turn a 360 for the program, what has changed? Does he need more time or are the kids just not trying out for football and sticking with basketball?

Cleveland will be fine. We have improved a lot from last year to this year. We’ve just had to many coaching changes in the last decade or so.  Got some talented freshman and next years freshman class should have some good talent also. I’m confident Coach Wheeler gets the Cleveland program turned around.

9 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

McMinn can go 10 and 0 and upset Marivul but it still will come back to. Well they are only undefeated due to a weak schedule.

If McMinn beats Maryville, no one would say that.

There is absolutely no shame in winning 8 or 9 games with their schedule. I certainly wouldn't apologize for it if I were a McMinn fan. But the title of this thread is "Does McMinn challenge for a district title?" Until someone actually beats Maryville in district play, no one is going to challenge them. And right, wrong, or indifferent, McMinn hasn't beaten anyone to make me believe that they are going to be the team to break Maryville's district win streak.

Edited by osunut2

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

If McMinn beats Maryville, no one would say that.

There is absolutely no shame in winning 8 or 9 games with their schedule. I certainly wouldn't apologize for it if I were a McMinn fan. But the title of this thread is "Does McMinn challenge for a district title?" Until someone actually beats Maryville in district play, no one is going to challenge them. And right, wrong, or indifferent, McMinn hasn't beaten anyone to make me believe that they are going to be the team to break Maryville's district win streak.

You're right, but if anyone in that district is going to do it this year, it is going to be McMinn. I could see it being a Quarterfinal rematch. I think McMinn/DB will be a very good matchup. Just until someone in district beats Maryville, no one is going to pick against them in district games.

2 hours ago, TigerNation said:

You're right, but if anyone in that district is going to do it this year, it is going to be McMinn. I could see it being a Quarterfinal rematch. I think McMinn/DB will be a very good matchup. Just until someone in district beats Maryville, no one is going to pick against them in district games.

Someone has to rise to the top and eventually take that district from Maryville. Its bound to happen sometime, not quite saying its going to happen, but if it will this is the year it will