Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

5 hours ago, Varo said:

My rationale is I'm counting on the offense being able to put some points on the board, and the defense contributing 6 as well.

I have been quiet, kinda just watching and seeing how this team and season develops.  Our own game page Moore/City only went 8 pages, and 4 of those were updates during the game and comments afterwards.  Us little fellers can't seem to generate much discussion like in years past.  Not like our SP friends that will put up 20 pages and they're not even playing!  

I'm not a fair weather fan--i'm there win or lose, and have been since '12.  Sometimes I'm a little more cocky, sometimes I just want to see how things play out.  So far this year, there's been a lot of crow served up, but if you're not willing to go out on a ledge, you can't see how far the drop off is.

And @Raider2021, I'm not just a City Tiger Orange, I'm also a VFL.  Go Vols!

You have a great team with tons of young talent. I hope we can meet up again. Was a great game and one the best ive seen in a while. 

If you guys play to the potential i seen for the entire game i give you guys the edge. I just believe cornersville will pound it and their defense will keep them in the game. Glad we are off this week so we can watch it. Should be a good one 

This will be a very good game. The Bulldog defense is very good about getting to the ball. The MLBs can sniff out the ball and shut the run down very well. They also have a safety who has gotten very good at open field tackles. Yes, the Dawgs have great strength in their RBs but one in particular has some wheels and if he can get away from the crowd with the ball, he'll see a lot of Tigers in his rearview. I believe the Dawgs have strength and speed. Again, I am looking forward to this game. No score predict because I don't do that but I do predict a Bulldog win! #GoDawgs

• Like 1

Just now, DawgRadio said:

This will be a very good game. The Bulldog defense is very good about getting to the ball. The MLBs can sniff out the ball and shut the run down very well. They also have a safety who has gotten very good at open field tackles. Yes, the Dawgs have great strength in their RBs but one in particular has some wheels and if he can get away from the crowd with the ball, he'll see a lot of Tigers in his rearview. I believe the Dawgs have strength and speed. Again, I am looking forward to this game. No score predict because I don't do that but I do predict a Bulldog win! #GoDawgs

I am a City fan and I really hope we win but I do agree with you about the one back with amazing speed. We might have more overall speed but #11 for cornersville may be the fastest player on the field. I saw him run down last year’s region MVP, who I thought was the fastest guy on our team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

You have a great team with tons of young talent. I hope we can meet up again. Was a great game and one the best ive seen in a while. 

If you guys play to the potential i seen for the entire game i give you guys the edge. I just believe cornersville will pound it and their defense will keep them in the game. Glad we are off this week so we can watch it. Should be a good one 

I really appreciate that type of response from a MC fan. When I saw y’all had an open date, I figured cornersville fans were going to double for this game. That should make a tough atmosphere even more difficult. I will be interested to see how our guys handle that. Hope this game is as good as ours was. 

On a side note to this game, last week's matchup b/w Richland and City was one of the better officiated games--not a lot of yellow thrown on the field by that crew.  The only head-scratcher was an off-setting unsportsmanlike penalty on BOTH teams prior to kickoff and coin toss.  I've heard that we (Fayetteville) are penalized at every away game we've played because we don't have white away jerseys.  Coaching staff of the teams we've played on the road have talked and agreed before-hand about this non-issue.    Supposedly, someone "at TSSAA" told the refs before the game to give each team a penalty, even though Coach Morson told them it wasn't fair to penalize Richland. 

We don't have White jerseys--they won't be delivered until some time at the end of October.  Whichever company we ordered from is filling orders of schools/states that aren't even playing!  This game Friday we will be penalized again. What that means is that if a second unsportsmanlike occurs, that will cause an ejection.  What I want to know is, who's driving this excessive scrutiny?

22 minutes ago, Varo said:

On a side note to this game, last week's matchup b/w Richland and City was one of the better officiated games--not a lot of yellow thrown on the field by that crew.  The only head-scratcher was an off-setting unsportsmanlike penalty on BOTH teams prior to kickoff and coin toss.  I've heard that we (Fayetteville) are penalized at every away game we've played because we don't have white away jerseys.  Coaching staff of the teams we've played on the road have talked and agreed before-hand about this non-issue.    Supposedly, someone "at TSSAA" told the refs before the game to give each team a penalty, even though Coach Morson told them it wasn't fair to penalize Richland. 

We don't have White jerseys--they won't be delivered until some time at the end of October.  Whichever company we ordered from is filling orders of schools/states that aren't even playing!  This game Friday we will be penalized again. What that means is that if a second unsportsmanlike occurs, that will cause an ejection.  What I want to know is, who's driving this excessive scrutiny?

Its a TSSAA rule that you must have the proper attire and equipment for each game. If you do not then you will receive a, unsportsmanlike penalty at the beginning of the game. 

50 minutes ago, Varo said:

Sounds like you guys have been guilty in the past for something or ruffle some feathers with someone. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Varo said:

There's a lot to be said about home field advantage, but fans are fickle and can turn on a dime when things don't go the way they want.  Not enough ground game?  Not enough passing?  Too long to call a play?  Players confused and coaches have to burn a timeout?  Big play by the other team at a crucial moment, or at any time?  The refs stopping us or favoring the other team?  That happens then it's crickets, and there is no home field advantage, or God forbid, the Boo-birds come out.  

Take it out of the fans' hands and pile it on these teenagers.  The kids themselves underestimating the opponent or taking too much stock in their press clippings or what the team did the year(s) before.  With few exceptions, each year brings new players and new strengths as well as weaknesses to each program, no matter how good historically a program has been.

The good thing about our City team is that we (with a few exceptions) have been the underdogs for this year and definitely last year, and we have punched other teams in the mouth and taken wins no-one (esp. on the T) thought we could or would win.  We have our own high expectations of success, and the coaches have molded a team where a lot of different players are contributing--not just getting minutes.  That's what makes the difference in high school ball;  the team result should be the end-all.  The team wins because the Defense scores or gets a turnover, Special Teams makes a statement, the Offense adapts and exploits, it's not one player hoping for a scout to sniff out their highlight reels.  It's a TEAM win for the school.  And that's what's going to be the difference come Friday.  City Tigers 30 Corn-Dawgs 7.  

Cornersville fans don't get quiet. Whether we are up or down, the fans are rowdy and remain rowdy the entire time. I agree fans are fickle, but it is a few, not the whole. You guys got a W against the team that gave us an L, but I have been VERY impressed with the defensive turnaround I have seen since the game against MC. MTCS may have had 200 yards passing on us, but it was mainly between the 30's. Don't see the score gap being that big either way. This will be a close game for 4 quarters. Not going to pick a score in this one. I know that Friday night at Frog Bottom is going to be a wild and crazy atmosphere.