Who is moving up or down for 2021

TheTruthPrevails

On 9/29/2020 at 4:23 PM, TheRefuter said:

Not saying it either way, but Peabody beat Meigs in the state championship by almost exactly what South Pittsburg beat them by and South Pittsburg didn't even make state in 1A. 

I give Peabody the edge, but 1A and 2A are more competitive than a lot of people give credit for. 

As for 2019 Peabody, they were incredibly talented, and would've beaten most teams in the state up to 3A except for Alcoa, Pearl Cohn, and Covington.

Good point.  We did be a Milan team by 3 td's that beat Covington.  That does not mean we would have beaten Covington but I think we would have beaten all the above but Alcoa.  We were actually 3 td's better than Meigs in my opinion.  

On 9/29/2020 at 5:22 PM, Mustang1969 said:

From someone whose team has been in both classifications, the difference in the top teams in 1A and 2A is usually very small. The difference is usually not having any (or as many) cupcakes built into your schedule. 

I only agree with the top teams in 1 an 2A.  Huntingdon could very well compete in 2A.  They have always been one of the top small school programs in the state.  They should have more Gold.  

On 9/29/2020 at 5:52 PM, PeabodyPride said:

I really don't think it's intentional,where I grew up in Atlanta we had kids enrolled  months late 

Yes Pride. I saw your old school play last year in Georgia.  No one in Tennessee could hold their jockey strap.  Over 100 kids with a 3rd being D1 recruits.  They were amazing.  Looked like a small college team.  No a large college for sure.

Just now, Golddoctor said:

Yes Pride. I saw your old school play last year in Georgia.  No one in Tennessee could hold their jockey strap.  Over 100 kids with a 3rd being D1 recruits.  They were amazing.  Looked like a small college team.  No a large college for sure.

Yeah,they are beasts,for refrence to those that dont know they are 4 scores at least better than Alcoa or Maryville ! We had 75 kids to D 1 schools  in my 4 years there! I never will forgot the O line my senior year was 6"5 325 avg. And not no hogs either  fast and scary. Just a different animal in North Ga.

Just now, PeabodyPride said:

Yeah,they are beasts,for refrence to those that dont know they are 4 scores at least better than Alcoa or Maryville ! We had 75 kids to D 1 schools  in my 4 years there! I never will forgot the O line my senior year was 6"5 325 avg. And not no hogs either  fast and scary. Just a different animal in North Ga.

Absolutely 

35 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

No way.  That is just your Opinion.  Meigs, Trousdale, especially Peabody would not have lost to any of those 1A schools.  Yes the last two 1A Schools were good, especially Lake County.  But we will never know, so it's okay for both of us to have wishful thinking.

Why say no way 2018 Whitwell beat Trousdale and last year South Pittsburg beat Meigs during regular season. One won the state the another one got put out in the 4th round 

Just now, Bushog02 said:

Why say no way 2018 Whitwell beat Trousdale and last year South Pittsburg beat Meigs during regular season. One won the state the another one got put out in the 4th round 

It's not a good idea to compare regular season scores with Championship games.  There is so much more on the line.  UC beat us by 2 tds in the regular season in 2014.  I truly think we would have beaten you guys in the Champioship that year.  There was so much more on the line.  And we played lights out.  UC 14 team was a beast but so was Peabody.  Ya'll beat us by 1 td in 17.  We were not fully loaded in that game, but with that said, I have nothing but respect for the UC program, even over the last few years.  Looking for a good and safe game Friday.  And you definitely have my prayers.

4 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

Whitwell got lucky winning state. god was on their side winning state. If I’m not mistaken Trousdales best player didn’t play until the playoffs. Meigs qb was on oxygen on the sideline against south Pitt. They had several players with the flu 

9 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

It's not a good idea to compare regular season scores with Championship games.  There is so much more on the line.  UC beat us by 2 tds in the regular season in 2014.  I truly think we would have beaten you guys in the Champioship that year.  There was so much more on the line.  And we played lights out.  UC 14 team was a beast but so was Peabody.  Ya'll beat us by 1 td in 17.  We were not fully loaded in that game, but with that said, I have nothing but respect for the UC program, even over the last few years.  Looking for a good and safe game Friday.  And you definitely have my prayers.

Jarel was injured in 2017 we relied on him heavily that year 

12 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Whitwell got lucky winning state. god was on their side winning state. If I’m not mistaken Trousdales best player didn’t play until the playoffs. Meigs qb was on oxygen on the sideline against south Pitt. They had several players with the flu 

Whitwell beat us in OT if I remember right, and Baines(TC QB) was suspended until the whitwell game which was like week 8, he was spent by half, I would have loved to have had 100% vs you guys but as we all know no one on those 2 teams were 100% 

7 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Whitwell beat us in OT if I remember right, and Baines(TC QB) was suspended until the whitwell game which was like week 8, he was spent by half, I would have loved to have had 100% vs you guys but as we all know no one on those 2 teams were 100% 

If he is 100% you beat whitwell. I watched the whitwell cornersville championship and I wasn’t impressed.