South Pittsburg @ Meigs County (Captain Victory vs Tiger King Fitz)

Southtowner

9 minutes ago, sportman said:

I think the game will come down to a special team play or a boneheaded penalty. Meigs has home field advantage so there already up by 7. Either way, win or lose, this should make both teams better.  Utmost respect  to Coach Fitzgerald and Meigs. 

That to me is what makes this game great, its 2 highly competitive teams, with 2 quality coaches. Last year your coach gained alot of respect from me as well. Your offensive play calling was really good. And yes it's not like the playoffs where losers are out. Next week barring no injuries after our game we are both better for it.

18 minutes ago, sportman said:

I think the game will come down to a special team play or a boneheaded penalty. Meigs has home field advantage so there already up by 7. Either way, win or lose, this should make both teams better.  Utmost respect  to Coach Fitzgerald and Meigs. 

I do feel home field is definitely an advantage for us, just like I felt like it was for you last year. Pretty sure we both havent lost a home regular season game in a while. Not sure our numbers but it's probably around 4 to 5 years since weve lost a regular season home game.

36 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I do feel home field is definitely an advantage for us, just like I felt like it was for you last year. Pretty sure we both havent lost a home regular season game in a while. Not sure our numbers but it's probably around 4 to 5 years since weve lost a regular season home game.

Last time we lost a regular season home game was Oct. 30th 2015. We lost too Bledsoe 35-27. I once saw a thing someone posted on twitter about which field was harder to play at. It was done with a voting system. I believe we barely edged you guys out for the win in that category. 

Screenshot_20201003-111213_Chrome.jpg

21 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Last time we lost a regular season home game was Oct. 30th 2015. We lost too Bledsoe 35-27. I once saw a thing someone posted on twitter about which field was harder to play at. It was done with a voting system. I believe we barely edged you guys out for the win in that category. 

Screenshot_20201003-111213_Chrome.jpg

I wonder how much limited fan attendance affects this? I've often said this year gone field doesn't matter as much to those that are limiting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Excited about the opportunity to finally watch the Pirates play a game. There isn’t any ticket drama with this one is there? I went up the road to the Marion and Bledsoe game last night. 

Bassy,  had I known you would be needing a ticket I would have gotten you one my friend.  What game of the Pirates did you see last?  I know it's been a while since you've seen us play.

28 minutes ago, powerp said:

I wonder how much limited fan attendance affects this? I've often said this year gone field doesn't matter as much to those that are limiting.

Gave this question a little more thought, and I'd say It doesn't affect us much at all. People that are showing up to games are either have a kid on the team and are already loud, a die hard supporter like myself , or not skeert enough of the covid for it to make a difference.

Edited by Imthayeti