Montgomery Co @ Springfield

Kevin38

34 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

The Jackets O line needs to tighten up or the Creek Wood game could very realistically be a loss, and there could be a short run in the playoffs as well. They are a lot stronger thanks to Coach Buttram and his program, but those boys need to get a little mean in them and start pushing guys around. 

We have had the strength and  the experience this year.  The question mark is the one thing a tape measure can’t measure, desire. Does our line, on both sides,  have that will to win. The  Creek Wood game will be the tell tale sign 

Edited by TheCommissioner

1 minute ago, TheCommissioner said:

We have had the strength and  the experience this year.  The question mark is the one thing a tape measure can measure, desire. Does our line, on both sides,  have that will to win. The  Creek Wood game will be the tell tale sign 

Y’all shouldn’t have any problems with Creek Wood. This would be the year for Springfield to Win a State Championship. I know 4A has some really good teams, but the Yellow Jackets need to Win one before moving up to 5A. Maybe a 3rd Time is a charm for Dustin Wilson. I know y’all Won one in 1993. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Y’all shouldn’t have any problems with Creek Wood. This would be the year for Springfield to Win a State Championship. I know 4A has some really good teams, but the Yellow Jackets need to Win one before moving up to 5A. Maybe a 3rd Time is a charm for Dustin Wilson. I know y’all Won one in 1993. 

Thanks for the props. Still a lot of football to be played.  We have Portland at Portland, Greenbrier at Greenbrier and then Creek Wood come to us.  Portland should be a win.  County rival, Greenbrier ALWAYS plays us tough no matter the venue or the records. Then Creek Wood comes to town for the Grand Finale, exciting games ahead for SPT

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I understand we got a lot of players out but this game is stressing me out.....lol

14 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

MCHS-7

#YJP-7

halftime

i told you it would be close 

I knew a couple starters would be out but I counted at least 5 maybe 6 on offense that didn’t play, including our 2 biggest play makers and starting RB, plus the starting punter.....think fumbled punt snap on first series. Just a weird game all around, missing players and crowd was DEAD the whole game.  Proud of all the backups and Jv players that stepped up and brought home the win last night. Hopefully the experiences gained will serve us well going forward.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I knew a couple starters would be out but I counted at least 5 maybe 6 on offense that didn’t play, including our 2 biggest play makers and starting RB, plus the starting punter.....think fumbled punt snap on first series. Just a weird game all around, missing players and crowd was DEAD the whole game.  Proud of all the backups and Jv players that stepped up and brought home the win last night. Hopefully the experiences gained will serve us well going forward.

Crenshaw and Daniels stepped up and delivered 

14 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Yes they did, Crenshaw just needs a little more practice with the timing of his throws. He overthrew a couple wide open receivers down the field, but he’s got a cannon for a right arm. He’ll be just fine down the road.

I agree, he should be a good QB for the next couple years...

After going back and watching the Social Dweebs replay, we had a lot of linemen out during the game. Most of the time we had at least 5-6 sophomores on the field if not more. The RBs missed quite a few holes as well trying to string runs out or making the wrong cut. Growing pains for sure, but this will only be a benefit going forward.