Gordonsville at Fayetteville

croz6110

5 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

I hate to say yes because that sounds like an excuse and we still had chances to win and just didn’t get it done. But to answer your question, I do think it makes a big difference...very similar to the difference in how we played with and without them against Cornersville  

But I don’t want to take anything away from Gordonsville. They are a good team and flat out played better than us. Congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the way. Their RB #10 is really good player. As the game went on, we had a very difficult time containing him and our offense couldn’t do much of anything. That could be because Gordonsville did such a good job getting in our backfield. 

Sounds like we might get to see come playoff time. 

This is the first full game Gordonsville has played in almost a month.

We played Clay on 9-18. Supposed to play Coalfield the next week, didn't. Then, RBS, :roll:, then week off, then Fayetteville. 

We were really sloppy in the first half, needless penalties, and refs left a lot to be desired. Once we got in a groove, we did better.

Fayetteville wasn't able to do much second half.

I'm just glad we won, and I think the outcome would've been the same with the suspended starters. We were down some starters as well.

Again, just glad to get the win, especially being in a 14 point hole and scoring 21 unanswered points. I also liked what I saw with the I formation tonight, and Fayetteville has some nice facilities. 

On 10/16/2020 at 11:44 PM, croz6110 said:

This is the first full game Gordonsville has played in almost a month.

We played Clay on 9-18. Supposed to play Coalfield the next week, didn't. Then, RBS, :roll:, then week off, then Fayetteville. 

We were really sloppy in the first half, needless penalties, and refs left a lot to be desired. Once we got in a groove, we did better.

Fayetteville wasn't able to do much second half.

I'm just glad we won, and I think the outcome would've been the same with the suspended starters. We were down some starters as well.

Again, just glad to get the win, especially being in a 14 point hole and scoring 21 unanswered points. I also liked what I saw with the I formation tonight, and Fayetteville has some nice facilities. 

unfortunate finish for the host Tigers, esp. after the quick start.  I was pleasantly surprised at the low number of penalties we had as well.  Completely agree, the second half was all G'ville, as our offense just couldn't string together enough first downs to protect the lead or pose a threat.  I won't 100 % agree the outcome would have been the same with the missing players--some in the game were playing both ways and it showed at the end they were tired and not firing to the ball or ball carrier.  Really enjoyed watching #10 though, he kept getting hit, he kept returning and grinding out yards.  And thanks for the kind words about our school.

BTW @croz6110, did you notice the tree planted in front of the field house by the stadium?  That's the one your team/school gave us following the death of our teammate last year.  It's growing and thriving, like our football team.  

I had some hot sauce for you, sorry I didn't find you to give you some!  Good luck with the rest of the season and maybe we'll get to play in a rematch!  Wink Wink.

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Not so fast my friend...

I hate to go against Varo, but I’m with Lee Corso on this one. South Pitt is in a class by themselves in 1A. 2nd tier is Huntingdon, Moore Co, Fayetteville, Coalfield, Gordonsville, Lake Co, and maybe Greenfield. I think Copper Basin is not a contender without their starting QB. Huntland could be a dark horse with #4 healthy. I’m not saying South Pitt is unbeatable. There were teams last year that everyone thought was unbeatable...and then they got beat. I do think South Pitt is deeper than any 1A team this year and Frame is an unbelievable athlete surrounded by more great players. It will take a special game from someone in tier 2 to beat them but it is possible. I think the west, especially regions 5 & 6, will be a war in second and third rounds. Looking forward to some good football. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Varo said:

unfortunate finish for the host Tigers, esp. after the quick start.  I was pleasantly surprised at the low number of penalties we had as well.  Completely agree, the second half was all G'ville, as our offense just couldn't string together enough first downs to protect the lead or pose a threat.  I won't 100 % agree the outcome would have been the same with the missing players--some in the game were playing both ways and it showed at the end they were tired and not firing to the ball or ball carrier.  Really enjoyed watching #10 though, he kept getting hit, he kept returning and grinding out yards.  And thanks for the kind words about our school.

BTW @croz6110, did you notice the tree planted in front of the field house by the stadium?  That's the one your team/school gave us following the death of our teammate last year.  It's growing and thriving, like our football team.  

I had some hot sauce for you, sorry I didn't find you to give you some!  Good luck with the rest of the season and maybe we'll get to play in a rematch!  Wink Wink.

I think y’all go up by 4-5 scores in the first half with those 5 players, and I think Gordy doesn’t score as “quickly” in the 2nd half . 

I seen that tree with Gordy’s Coach on yalls Facebook page.  Classy by Gordy.  

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe
  • Like 2