Way too early region 3 aaa predictions

7 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I don’t mind losing. But losing on that call is going to hurt for a while.   Loose ball foul in a tie game with 4 seconds left in OT and 90 ft from the basket?  Wow.  You can call that every time down the court.  But that’s why they are so hard to beat there.    Great basketball game just like I thought it would be.  Just wish the players would have decided it that’s all.   Congrats to BC for playing a great game.  

Here we go, the call was correct. Everyone that tried to guard Muhonnen would push and hold her to try to keep her from getting the ball, because she was scoring inside starting in the 2nd half. They tried, but they got caught over and over. There were bad calls for both teams all night. But that call  was correct and consistant. Cookeville played a good game the first half and could not miss a 3! They are young and will be back next year.  It didn't help that BC missed  9 free throws.

1 hour ago, nono said:

Here we go, the call was correct. Everyone that tried to guard Muhonnen would push and hold her to try to keep her from getting the ball, because she was scoring inside starting in the 2nd half. They tried, but they got caught over and over. There were bad calls for both teams all night. But that call  was correct and consistant. Cookeville played a good game the first half and could not miss a 3! They are young and will be back next year.  It didn't help that BC missed  9 free throws.

I didn’t say it wasn’t a foul.   I haven’t seen the replay yet so I don’t know if it was a foul or not but regardless it’s a bad call.  I am a basketball fan first and a Lady Cavs fan second.  I can’t stand to see ANY team lose on a call like that.  That game should have been in double OT.  Muhonnen was a beast inside the entire game.  She didn’t get the ball enough.   We played her straight man with no help with undersized post players.  They did a great job if you ask me.   BC shot 22 FT so we didn’t get away with much.   We were 5-12 in  the first half from 3 and BC was 2-4 so we shot it average but Cookeville outplayed BC the first half on both ends that’s why they were up at the break.  Just like last year we went cold in the 3rd and Bradley made us pay.  The rest of the game it was back and forth with neither team able to stretch a lead more than 6.  Cookeville had the ball with a tie score under :20 at the end of regulation and OT and couldn’t get a shot off on either possession.  There was a lot of contact that wasn’t called but the loose ball foul was called with :04  left in OT with BC on the defensive side of the court.   The winning FT was made by the senior stud from BC.  Nothing but props to BC they played a heck of a game.  Super proud of the Lady Cavs.  They did exactly what they have been doing all year.  Just needed to find one more basket.  

2 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Looking like riverdale and blackman in region 4 final. I see both those losing to bradley and stone. Stone had a great chance to win last year. Dsrn covid

It will be Coffee County and Blackman advancing.  And I think CC wins that region.  One name you better look up.....  Bella Vinson.  She is a walking bucket and I can’t believe she isn’t talked about more as one of the top players in the state.  

12 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

It will be Coffee County and Blackman advancing.  And I think CC wins that region.  One name you better look up.....  Bella Vinson.  She is a walking bucket and I can’t believe she isn’t talked about more as one of the top players in the state.  

as a franklin county alum and follower of all rebelette sports the vinson girl is a very good high school player in this area. watching my rebelettes play a very good stone memorial team last season and then an impressive webb team earlier this year i do not think she is as good as the those players in this surrounding area.  they do it on both ends of the floor and at a very high level not just scoring. coffee will struggle some in the region with the speed of the murfreesboro teams like they did earlier in the year with blackman. they might advance but bradley blackman and stone memorial are much better from what I have seen but i also saw upperman play in january and thought they were the best team in the state and now they are out.

10 hours ago, nono said:

How about the rebound in the first half that was called as a shooting foul??? The ball was literally coming straight down with Jones and a Cookeville player going for it... That one blew my mind as it led to 2 free throws for Cookeville. 

Just now, StateChampDad said:

How about the rebound in the first half that was called as a shooting foul??? The ball was literally coming straight down with Jones and a Cookeville player going for it... That one blew my mind as it led to 2 free throws for Cookeville. 

I watched that play again.  She was attempting to tip it in.  It wasn’t a good decision but she was trying to shoot it.