Coalfield @ Greenback CANCELLED

orngnblk

29 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Both teams are pretty much jv teams this season anyways, especially Greenback. They are the youngest team in the region and I know it doesn't help missing all these games. Every chance a team has to get on the field is a opportunity to get better. 

Looking at Greenbacks roster looks like they have quite a few seniors in the lineman numbers but I don’t know which ones actually play. O&B could probably tell us. 

12 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

Looking at Greenbacks roster looks like they have quite a few seniors in the lineman numbers but I don’t know which ones actually play. O&B could probably tell us. 

2 but 1 has been out and is still hurt.54 big Sr.And we have only 1 game with 76 he was out for 3 weeks,he played at OS.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

Just now, sportman said:

What a joke this 2020 season has been for most teams. Covid, teams scared to play in the rain, and then one coach who was so scared he wouldn't reschedule a very big rivalry game.  

For the life of me I cant understand WHY teams wont play in the Rain!!Its football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

10 starters for one is what I was told.No way we can field enough kids to take care of themselves.We have 20 Freshmen.

we up in Byrdstown feel this pain all too well, we're LUCKY to get 15 players(and only 1-2 real linemen) sadly the culture(and school board/families) up here won't let kids play who want to play OR heavily discourage people from playing anything other than basketball... *sigh* hope things turn around for you guys, never thought i'd see a day where Pickett and Greenback have identical records in football...

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

Both teams are pretty much jv teams this season anyways, especially Greenback. They are the youngest team in the region and I know it doesn't help missing all these games. Every chance a team has to get on the field is a opportunity to get better. 

How many seniors does Coalfield have this season? Who are your playmakers?

13 minutes ago, BobcatFan22 said:

we up in Byrdstown feel this pain all too well, we're LUCKY to get 15 players(and only 1-2 real linemen) sadly the culture(and school board/families) up here won't let kids play who want to play OR heavily discourage people from playing anything other than basketball... *sigh* hope things turn around for you guys, never thought i'd see a day where Pickett and Greenback have identical records in football...

Good luck to you guys as well.It is a wierd season.Ready for it to disappear!

1 hour ago, nakedbootlegger said:

We are young and we have a GREAT 7th grade class in the waiting.They just beat one of the Maryville midget teams 47-0.When they get to high school these Freshmen will be Jrs could be some fun in the near future!

45 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

How many seniors does Coalfield have this season? Who are your playmakers?

There is 6 on the team with 3 starters.  Our tailback is our best player on the field who is a senior.  As far as lineman goes we start 1 junior and the rest are sophmores and freshmen.  Coach Henry's boy is going to be a heck of a ballplayer who is a freshman this year.