Covington @ South Gibson -10/16/20

CHARGERFAN

WOOW what a game! For some reason every single time these teams get together its a barn burner!!!! This year the teams did not let that tradition go. 

SGC 22

Covington 21

Final. 

I hope the chargers team and fans have a safe trip home. 

Looks like SGC will host Westview in the second round of the playoffs, and Milan will host Covington. 

I do not know if the these 2 teams will see each other again this year but, I personally hope we don't! 

Covington, I have a ton of respect for yall's program. Having a kid come in and play QB that has never played a snap there before really is impressive. Fain really showed a lot of grit and heart tonight. I tip my hat to him. I also tip my hat to the coaches for getting the team ready to play. This could have gone either way. 

In regards to the bazillion flags that were thrown I do not even know what to say. It is VERY VERY unlike SGC teams to get dead ball personal foul calls. I know that Covington got several as well....  I do NOT like it. I can not comment on what happened on the field because I was not down there but I hope both teams get it cleaned up. I think each team should just let there facemask do the talking. 

GO HORNETS!!! 

6 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

WOOW what a game! For some reason every single time these teams get together its a barn burner!!!! This year the teams did not let that tradition go. 

SGC 22

Covington 21

Final. 

I hope the chargers team and fans have a safe trip home. 

Looks like SGC will host Westview in the second round of the playoffs, and Milan will host Covington. 

I do not know if the these 2 teams will see each other again this year but, I personally hope we don't! 

Covington, I have a ton of respect for yall's program. Having a kid come in and play QB that has never played a snap there before really is impressive. Fain really showed a lot of grit and heart tonight. I tip my hat to him. I also tip my hat to the coaches for getting the team ready to play. This could have gone either way. 

In regards to the bazillion flags that were thrown I do not even know what to say. It is VERY VERY unlike SGC teams to get dead ball personal foul calls. I know that Covington got several as well....  I do NOT like it. I can not comment on what happened on the field because I was not down there but I hope both teams get it cleaned up. I think each team should just let there facemask do the talking. 

GO HORNETS!!! 

Happy for ya bro. Hat off to your team on the big win. And thanks for not doing Milan any favors. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Happy for ya bro. Hat off to your team on the big win. And thanks for not doing Milan any favors. Lol. 

hahahaaha ! I thought about that when I was leaving and looking at the playoff picture for this region. We kinda screwed up Milan because now yall have to host Covington.... Yikes!!! 

I do not care if it is week 1 or the playoffs... NOBODY wants to see Covington on the schedule.... Especially after you have already beat them 1 time.......

Thanks for the love my man. SGC is looking pretty good. 

Edited by ManOfMillions
  • Upvote 1