5A Playoffs

Rhea Co.

49 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Are you serious? What does this even mean? Losing to Catholic will have zero affect on making their way through the 5A playoffs. Zero. The Division II-AAA is basically semi-college level football. It’s no shame whatsoever in losing to Catholic and, to be honest, it probably will help them moving forward. That strong competition will benefit them and they won’t see a team near as good the remainder of the season. 

I’m just not sure that mental toughness is their for the young kids that play for them. I could be wrong.

11 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Powell is a year away from making a serious run.  In key games they are better in their hype videos than are when it matters on the field.  I'm old school though... win first, let everybody else tell you how great you are. 

10 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Completely agree. This is a better version of Lowe's 2009 team, which was also very young and a year away. It'll be interesting to see if they can take that next step in 2021.

There’s a team out west that’s only going to get better over the next two years, also. 

• Upvote 1