6 A Region Realignment

Hogeyebigblue

20 hours ago, Owls88 said:

Region 1

1.Dobyns-Bennett 2.Science Hill 3. Jefferson Co. 4.Morristown East 5.Bearden 6.Hardin Valley

Region 2

1.Maryville 2. Williams Blount 3.Bradley Central 4. Cleveland 5.Farragut

Region 3

1.Gallatin 2.Beech 3.Lebanon 4.Hendersonville 5.Cookeville 6.Warren Co.

Region 4

1.Blackman 2.Siegel 3.Stewarts Creek 4.Cane Ridge 5.Smyrna 6.LaVergne

Region 5

1.Coffee Co. 2. Rockvale 3.Riverdale 4.Oakland 5.Antioch 6.Shelbyville

Region 6 

1.McGavock 2.Overton 3.Clarksville 4.North East 5.West Creek 6.Rossview

Region 7

1.Independance 2.Ravewood 3.Brentwood 4.Frankin 5.Centennial 6. Summit 7. Dickson Co.

Region 8

1.Collierville 2. Bartlett 3.Cordova 4.Arlington 5.White Station 6. Germantown 7.Whitehaven 8.Houston

Every Region teams have a lease 5 Teams in a region . in past years you have 2 region in Memphis 9 teams and 8 got Automatic bid to the playoff over half of those did not have winning record

What a  flip-flop of Regions 4 & 5.  Why would you have Shelbyville and Coffee Co playing in Region 5 instead of Region 4?

Owls88 how about this. 

Region 1 - Same as yours.

Region 2 - Same as yours. 

Region 3 - Same as yours. 

Region 4 - Coffee County, Shelbyville, Rockvale, Riverdale, Oakland, Siegel, Blackman

Region 5 - Stewarts Creek, Smyrna, LaVergne, Cane Ridge, Antioch, Overton, McGavock

Region 6 - Clarksville, C Northeast, West Creek, Rossview, Dickson County

Region 7 - Williamson Co

Region 8 - West TN

I don't see either happening plan happening. I have a feeling West TN will have two regions like normal. This will bump all the other regions numbers up. Kreager put out his opinion and his regions are probably closer to what the TSSAA will do. 

Edited by workinprogress

12 hours ago, blazer1set said:

You guys are forgetting about West Ridge, this is a brand new high school in the Tri-cities due to open in 2021.     WR is a combination of Sullivan South, Sullivan Central, Sullivan North.     Will they be a 6A school?

I’ve been told they are 6a size, but will be allowed to compete in 5a for the first two years.  I suppose to allow them to bring programs up to speed.  With that said, they may choose to schedule DB and Sci Hill those first two years as out of conference, for what would be a large gate.

7 hours ago, Gradfan56 said:

I’ve been told they are 6a size, but will be allowed to compete in 5a for the first two years.  I suppose to allow them to bring programs up to speed.  With that said, they may choose to schedule DB and Sci Hill those first two years as out of conference, for what would be a large gate.

That makes sense, so any idea what R1/5A looks like next year?

On 10/15/2020 at 12:14 AM, Gradfan56 said:

West Ridge 2020 totals say less than 1500.