Oakland at Riverdale

FridayMainEvent

Got a chance to see the game on TV.  If there is a rematch, Oakland will completely dominate if they saw the weaknesses on defense that I saw from Riverdale’s secondary.  I don’t think Rutherford County deserves the reputation of the SEC this year.  They have Oakland, a good team, Riverdale a slightly above average team, and pretty much average to below average for the rest.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

Got a chance to see the game on TV.  If there is a rematch, Oakland will completely dominate if they saw the weaknesses on defense that I saw from Riverdale’s secondary.  I don’t think Rutherford County deserves the reputation of the SEC this year.  They have Oakland, a good team, Riverdale a slightly above average team, and pretty much average to below average for the rest.

I was shocked myself that game was closer than the score, that felt like Oakland 23-14, the riverdale announcers said riverdale defensive fronts are well experienced and as good as it gets, I just went along with it and said riverdale is legit, I was thinking opposite that Oakland might want to see them in a rematch, still I wouldn't bet against Oakland 

On 10/17/2020 at 8:56 AM, StarBright87 said:

I was shocked myself that game was closer than the score, that felt like Oakland 23-14, the riverdale announcers said riverdale defensive fronts are well experienced and as good as it gets, I just went along with it and said riverdale is legit, I was thinking opposite that Oakland might want to see them in a rematch, still I wouldn't bet against Oakland 

I agree that Riverdale’s defensive front is legit, however, in a rematch with Oakland I can see where it would be a run away game.  There are some weaknesses in Riverdale’s back end of the defense in which Oakland can take advantage.  Strange that Blackman has been so disappointing this year.  Appears to be a coaching issue.

• Like 1

Kudos to Riverdale for a well played game. As someone else alluded to, if Riverdale was on the other side of the bracket, they could do alot of damage. Was a nice touch naming the stadium in Watts' honor. 

With Blackman fading, BoB should be the showcase game in the area. With the talent Riverdale has coming up, wouldn't be surprised if these games get tighter in the coming years. Unless Warren Co hits another gear, I fully expect a rematch. Winning 9 in a row against Riverdale (tying the record for this rivalry), feels pretty good

• Like 2