Greenback @ Midway

orngnblk

4 minutes ago, SuperFan1 said:

Wrong, I see you forgot how the playoffs work since you’ve been used to being a 1 seed. (A good problem to have) 

If OS beats Midway and finishes #2 and y’all finish number #3 then you guys would see Coalfield in Round 2. OS would play the winner of Midway/Cloudland in Round 2. 

I have a feeling Midway beats OS.Then I dont care who we play as long as we get the chance.I personally would rather play CF since they didnt want to replay the region game when we could.If they beat us it should be on the field instead of an asterisk!

9 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I have a feeling Midway beats OS.Then I dont care who we play as long as we get the chance.I personally would rather play CF since they didnt want to replay the region game when we could.If they beat us it should be on the field instead of an asterisk!

IF this happens then OS/Midway/GB all finish in a 3 way tie. Midway will claim the #2 seed, OS the #3 seed, and GB will be the #4. 

They would have all beaten each other and finished 4-2 in conference. Midway would take it due to overall record, OS would then have #3 due to head to head win over GB. 

I personally don’t see Midway beating OS, but there’s the scenario if it does happen.

On 10/17/2020 at 7:34 AM, orngnblk said:

Why would you think we may win.Midway has been pretty impressive as a middle of the road team.They have caused problems for all the region teams so far.GBs D is pretty good for a half,and if the Offense can help it out and put some points on we could be competitive,but 4 weeks with no competition I see us as out of game shape and not being able to stop them at this point in the season. IF and I say IF we can roll into SOR and beat the Waves then we may just be able to cause most teams problems in the up coming weeks.I for one had previous plans (covid has messed up alot for most of us) and sadly wont be able to attend the game.I will always go with my boys in a upset!

That’s why. I did hear midway was missing quite a few players though which would explain the run away. 

Edited by nakedbootlegger

17 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

You heard wrong

I actually texted a friend of mine over there and he said he was unaware also.Wonder if Bootlegger would elaborate a little.If they were out they were not starters from what I was told.Our radio folks told me same thing so I'm not disputing bootleggers post but would love to hear who was out.

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I actually texted a friend of mine over there and he said he was unaware also.Wonder if Bootlegger would elaborate a little.If they were out they were not starters from what I was told.Our radio folks told me same thing so I'm not disputing bootleggers post but would love to hear who was out.

No guys just what I was told about a few of their players couldn’t tell you if they were starters or not. If they were at full strength it’s impressive shutting them out. Of course your skill players are probably good enough to lock them down man coverage and load the box and bring the heat. Not many teams that have that advantage in the skill position. That’s why I thought you would win when you acted like I was crazy or something. 

Edited by nakedbootlegger

5 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

No guys just what I was told about a few of their players couldn’t tell you if they were starters or not. If they were at full strength it’s impressive shutting them out. Of course your skill players are probably good enough to lock them down man coverage and load the box and bring the heat. Not many teams that have that advantage in the skill position. That’s why I thought you would win when you acted like I was crazy or something. 

I was very surprised myself.I know we have good skill positions but these games are won up front and our line play is what really surprised me.I was not there but all the guys who were have been around sometime and when they say we looked like a different team I take their word for it because they have seen the good and bad.It is the first game with our whole team so that gives me hope for sure.I guess you pretty much nailed it the Bootlegger.

6 hours ago, SuperFan1 said:

IF this happens then OS/Midway/GB all finish in a 3 way tie. Midway will claim the #2 seed, OS the #3 seed, and GB will be the #4. 

They would have all beaten each other and finished 4-2 in conference. Midway would take it due to overall record, OS would then have #3 due to head to head win over GB. 

I personally don’t see Midway beating OS, but there’s the scenario if it does happen.

I don't think they beat Oz.  I don't think Midway stops the run of Oz.  Just my 3 cents worth.