Greenback @ Midway

orngnblk

8 hours ago, nakedbootlegger said:

Hope midway wins but wouldn’t bet on it. 

Why would you think we may win.Midway has been pretty impressive as a middle of the road team.They have caused problems for all the region teams so far.GBs D is pretty good for a half,and if the Offense can help it out and put some points on we could be competitive,but 4 weeks with no competition I see us as out of game shape and not being able to stop them at this point in the season. IF and I say IF we can roll into SOR and beat the Waves then we may just be able to cause most teams problems in the up coming weeks.I for one had previous plans (covid has messed up alot for most of us) and sadly wont be able to attend the game.I will always go with my boys in a upset!

46 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Why would you think we may win.Midway has been pretty impressive as a middle of the road team.They have caused problems for all the region teams so far.GBs D is pretty good for a half,and if the Offense can help it out and put some points on we could be competitive,but 4 weeks with no competition I see us as out of game shape and not being able to stop them at this point in the season. IF and I say IF we can roll into SOR and beat the Waves then we may just be able to cause most teams problems in the up coming weeks.I for one had previous plans (covid has messed up alot for most of us) and sadly wont be able to attend the game.I will always go with my boys in a upset!

Have some faith OnB. Your boys might surprise you. With the landscape of regions 1-2 just get in the playoffs and anything can happen. It looks like the loser of this one travels to Cloudland in round 1 and the winner goes to Unaka. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

24 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Have some faith OnB. Your boys might surprise you. With the landscape of regions 1-2 just get in the playoffs and anything can happen. It looks like the loser of this one travels to Cloudland in round 1 and the winner goes to Unaka. 

I have faith in the Coaches they will put us in the best possible position to win,but not playing for 4 weeks will have some affect.The youth on our team will help us in the future but it hurts us a little now.The kids play hard and the talent is there just inexperienced and weak in the lineman area.We have a couple of Freshman LBrs that are gonna be something if they stay healthy.This game will come down to the line as usual and we HAVE to have some playmakers on O.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I have faith in the Coaches they will put us in the best possible position to win,but not playing for 4 weeks will have some affect.The youth on our team will help us in the future but it hurts us a little now.The kids play hard and the talent is there just inexperienced and weak in the lineman area.We have a couple of Freshman LBrs that are gonna be something if they stay healthy.This game will come down to the line as usual and we HAVE to have some playmakers on O.

Regardless of the outcome. Region 2 has a chance to sweep region 1 in the first round. It could happen. Cloudland is the only team with even a chance to win a round one game. 

27 minutes ago, powerp said:

The only concern I have in this one is Midways offense. Seems like they score a decent amount of points. OnB, do you the long layoff will hurt defensively?

No where near as much as O.We had just started figuring somethings out at OS.Then this debacle.We gave up 14 or 21 to Loudon in the first half but had two huge TOs and opening KO for TD.Gave up 16 to Meigs in the first half.Held Oneida till deep in the third to 0 and OS had 7 off a TO in first half "I believe".D has been pretty good but cant stay on the field all night.Yes Midways ability to move the ball in the air gives me concerns.

Edited by orngnblk

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Regardless of the outcome. Region 2 has a chance to sweep region 1 in the first round. It could happen. Cloudland is the only team with even a chance to win a round one game. 

If we play like we did last night in the 1st round it will be a region 2 sweep for sure.

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

It could still be a three way tie for first.  Midway and Oz play next week.  It all depends if we win or lose this week.  And of course,  Midway would have to take care of business this week.