Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Powell

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Are you gonna be there for the statue ceremony if we beat Powell and camp out there with me and ORC?

When y’all beat Powell, I will be there for dang sure! Y’all beat Powell and we beat West, we got a chance to finish 1 or 2. That’s why this week I will say........

RWR.......

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I know, I’m surprised there’s not been more chatter about this game. I think it has the potential to be a really good one. Where’s Nut, HTV? Catswild report card from the MJ game is also MIA.

Sorry guys, I've been lurking around. Haven't seen HTV here in awhile. I think he may have decided to hang it up after the repeated recruiting bickering (specifically, the back-and-forth with chsbobcat). Hopefully, he'll come back soon.

Should be a good, close game this week. I think we know what this will come down to - Can Powell slow OR's running game, and can OR slow Powell's passing game? I'm hoping that the week off helped Powell re-focus after the West loss. We might even see Adarius Redmond back on the field this week, although with the Panthers WR depth, they haven't really needed him.

Lot of playoff implications in this one. Winner not only gets a home game to open the playoffs, but they'll likely play a very mediocre Soddy Daisy team. Loser will likely travel to face a tough Walker Valley team in Round 1.

54 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I know, I’m surprised there’s not been more chatter about this game. I think it has the potential to be a really good one. Where’s Nut, HTV? Catswild report card from the MJ game is also MIA.

REPORT CARD FOR MT JULIET GAME

OFFENSIVE LINE - B+ - Kendall Jackson had some big holes and pass protection was solid. It would be an A except for the few times they got people loose in the backfield on running plays

WR - B+ - These guys played well except for a couple of drops. They also block pretty well and all have good hands

RB - A - Kendall ran very hard and showed more speed than I thought he had. This is the first time this year that he played as well as he played last year. 

QB - B - He mad some very good passes but overthrew a couple of TD passes to wide open receivers. The scramble run he made late was huge. I thought it was the first time this year he's played this well against a good team

PUNTERS - C+ - The five yard punt was awful but the fake was very good.

DEFENSIVE LINE - B - Except for the series that MJ drove for a TD, this group played really well.

LB - A - These guys are really playing well. They make tackles all over the place.

DB - A - This is a little misleading because the MJ QB couldn't throw a lick, but when they did throw, they had little success

KICKING - F - Missed another extra point and a very short FG. The kicking game will get OR beat if things don't improve

KICKOFF RETURNS - A - Jubrice Taylor almost broke two and gave OR very good field position

COACHING - B - Even though there were too many mistakes the offensive play calling was better than usual and kept MJ off balance...it even kept me off balance and I usually know what the play is before it's run,  most of the time. The defense was it's usual good self, but the kicking game (place kicking) is a major problem.

• Like 1

I'll venture out and say this game won't be close. Powell has had time off to regroup, heal and prepare.  I do believe Powell struggles when they face other teams with the same type of athletes but not this week with the time off. Had OR had a better game against DB and put more than 3 points than I would say differently.  Powell 35 OR 17

39 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Sorry guys, I've been lurking around. Haven't seen HTV here in awhile. I think he may have decided to hang it up after the repeated recruiting bickering (specifically, the back-and-forth with chsbobcat). Hopefully, he'll come back soon.

Should be a good, close game this week. I think we know what this will come down to - Can Powell slow OR's running game, and can OR slow Powell's passing game? I'm hoping that the week off helped Powell re-focus after the West loss. We might even see Adarius Redmond back on the field this week, although with the Panthers WR depth, they haven't really needed him.

Lot of playoff implications in this one. Winner not only gets a home game to open the playoffs, but they'll likely play a very mediocre Soddy Daisy team. Loser will likely travel to face a tough Walker Valley team in Round 1.

What's wrong with Redmond? I never saw him in the West game

14 minutes ago, catswild said:

What's wrong with Redmond? I never saw him in the West game

He's been nursing an injury all season, although I don't have the details. He hasn't played a full game since week 2 or 3. He played a limited number of snaps in weeks 4 (Karns) and 5 (Central). Hasn't played since then.