Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Powell

CardinalGrey

20 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Has Pops just decided to quit posting? The Panthers were fully stocked and ready to roll this past Friday. He even increased his prediction. Is he still to full from “humble” pie. Congrats OR on a huge win!

He'll be around on Monday. Doesn't usually post on the weekend.

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

Actually, as much as you think you know, you're wrong in this instance, and that will be a tough pill to swallow for a man who seems to know it all. After the win over Powell Friday night, there is no sting at all, at least for me, in a game that was played nearly a year ago...NONE,,,as in ZERO. The fact that you're still thinking about it and talking about it is quite revealing.

Noted bonk! Now bonk on....

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

Actually, as much as you think you know, you're wrong in this instance, and that will be a tough pill to swallow for a man who seems to know it all. After the win over Powell Friday night, there is no sting at all, at least for me, in a game that was played nearly a year ago...NONE,,,as in ZERO. The fact that you're still thinking about it and talking about it is quite revealing.

Give Fulton a break.They have only beat Oak Ridge like 3 times.They get to enjoy it a few more days

Got to watch the game again today.I think C.Adams may have had his best game.Elam has been a heck of a player and I wish he couldve got much needed reps last yr because he is doing great for 1st yr of varsity time.After watching game again we are in trouble any time we have the white hat with the handle bar mustache.That was same crew that did the Clinton game and threw 100 flags.This game was not as bad but BS block in back that called back the 1st pic 6.Awful call when Powell had a bad snap to QB and Bervan dove for it and got late hit.Couple drives later Powell does same thing and no flag.The PI late in game on P.Turner was awful.Glad we was able to overcome the calls but hope we dont get that crew again.

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2020 at 10:47 PM, SweetScience said:

Yeah, he’s a stud. Another 120+ yardage game on only 20 or so carries. See that lick he put on their LB earlier in the game, I think it was #32. He laid there for a minute. And yeah, I’m with you on the grounding calls. #14 was outside of the tackle box both times with receivers in the area on both occasions. Like you said, must be a different rule than college and pros is all I can figger.

There is no outside the tackle box element to grounding rule in hs.  But I saw it look you did.  We did have a receiver in the general vicinity, but Mitchell threw one of them that went over the fence, cleared the tracki and almost landed on Georgia Avenue.  lol

On his first, he had a receiver on the 10 but the ball went out about the 30. On the second one it was even worse than that. But he didn't do it again. haha Probably won't the rest of the year either. I'd like to see him just tuck it and run, he usually does pretty well at running the ball. Mitchell is pretty fast if he gets loose.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bounder said:

On his first, he had a receiver on the 10 but the ball went out about the 30. On the second one it was even worse than that. But he didn't do it again. haha Probably won't the rest of the year either. I'd like to see him just tuck it and run, he usually does pretty well at running the ball. Mitchell is pretty fast if he gets loose.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Im with you on him running.Hopefully he will run and go all out for playoffs.Not just when nobody is open but he needs to read the defense on rpo plays and run more

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2020 at 10:53 AM, bounder said:

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Probably didn't realize there is no tackle box rule in high school football, you have to throw it in the vicinity of an eligible receiver,

On 10/25/2020 at 11:20 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

Got to watch the game again today.I think C.Adams may have had his best game.Elam has been a heck of a player and I wish he couldve got much needed reps last yr because he is doing great for 1st yr of varsity time.After watching game again we are in trouble any time we have the white hat with the handle bar mustache.That was same crew that did the Clinton game and threw 100 flags.This game was not as bad but BS block in back that called back the 1st pic 6.Awful call when Powell had a bad snap to QB and Bervan dove for it and got late hit.Couple drives later Powell does same thing and no flag.The PI late in game on P.Turner was awful.Glad we was able to overcome the calls but hope we dont get that crew again.

The white hat guy had the Hulk Hogan look without the hulk. The block in the back looked like where the Oak Ridge player got knocked into the Powell guy, I'm sure the ref only caught the end of it out of the corner of his eye, seeing the Powell player falling with the OR guy right behind him. On the PI if the DB doesn't get his head around (looking for the ball) and has his hands in the receivers face, they are going to call it. I did think Powell was holding quite a bit, but only got called for it once. 

• Thanks 1