Region5-1A vs Region 6-1a Predictions

DiamondRaider11

On 10/24/2020 at 9:37 AM, BBRaider said:

Huntington we’ll not get by Region 5 this year Fayetteville and MC are to strong. Huntland and Cornersville also will be tough! The writing was on the wall when Huntington beat Collinwood 28-14 after Richland beat Collinwood 26-10.  MC on that surface is going to be stupid  

Huntingdon had several player out against Collinwood. This year it is more difficult to go by common opponents. Simply because COVID 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Imo the west semifinals will be Fayetteville City, Huntingdon winner against either Lake County or West Carroll. I would pick Huntingdon to come out of the west this year.

I expect every contest the Mustangs play in to be a tough, competitive game. Lot different from last year when Huntingdon out scored their 3 region 5 foes 152-17. Maybe we can beat Cornersville, we need to even the series them as this probably be the last time we meet for a while. Mustangs have improved as the season has progressed but really haven't beat a really good team. Feel good about the team but still a lot of questions to be answered. One thing that is not in question is the playing surface. We had 3 inches of rain Friday night pouring down an hour before kick-off and playing conditions were perfect. Didnt see a single slip. Shame every play-off game can't be played on turf.

14 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I expect every contest the Mustangs play in to be a tough, competitive game. Lot different from last year when Huntingdon out scored their 3 region 5 foes 152-17. Maybe we can beat Cornersville, we need to even the series them as this probably be the last time we meet for a while. Mustangs have improved as the season has progressed but really haven't beat a really good team. Feel good about the team but still a lot of questions to be answered. One thing that is not in question is the playing surface. We had 3 inches of rain Friday night pouring down an hour before kick-off and playing conditions were perfect. Didnt see a single slip. Shame every play-off game can't be played on turf.

No doubt the competition will be tougher than it  has been for the Mustangs. In no way am I implying that Huntingdon is as good as the last few years. I do think the stangs will have enough to get through. Moore County will be tough in the 2nd round but that game will be played on the magic carpet. Fayetteville City will be a challenge also but again from what I have seen Huntingdon will have just enough. Cornersville in the first round will not be a walk in the park by no means. Whoever comes out of that side of the bracket will be battle tested. I really think the winner of the 3rd round game from that side of the bracket will go to Cookeville because of the competition. The only school from region 7 that I really feel like that could possibly win a semifinals game is Lake County. Only because Lake County is a very hard place to play at for opponents. No offense to Greenfield, West Carroll or Dresden but it's just a different environment in Lake County. LC also has much more team speed than the other teams in Region 7.

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No doubt the competition will be tougher than it  has been for the Mustangs. In no way am I implying that Huntingdon is as good as the last few years. I do think the stangs will have enough to get through. Moore County will be tough in the 2nd round but that game will be played on the magic carpet. Fayetteville City will be a challenge also but again from what I have seen Huntingdon will have just enough. Cornersville in the first round will not be a walk in the park by no means. Whoever comes out of that side of the bracket will be battle tested. I really think the winner of the 3rd round game from that side of the bracket will go to Cookeville because of the competition. The only school from region 7 that I really feel like that could possibly win a semifinals game is Lake County. Only because Lake County is a very hard place to play at for opponents. No offense to Greenfield, West Carroll or Dresden but it's just a different environment in Lake County. LC also has much more team speed than the other teams in Region 7.

MC has been to Lake Co before. A lot of nothing up there, but that was long ago. 

4 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

MC with there skill guys on that surface is SCARY. 

2 hours ago, Oleskooly said:

But I promise you remembered us years later. Jewel Flowers dang sure does. 

What you don't know Flowers was hurt with a knee injury. He got hurt in week 10 in 1995. I know he walked into the end zone to give LC the lead for good. It was a good game that night. LC won 21 to 20. Moore County had a good team that year.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

What you don't know Flowers was hurt with a knee injury. He got hurt in week 10 in 1995. I know he walked into the end zone to give LC the lead for good. It was a good game that night. LC won 21 to 20. Moore County had a good team that year.

We knew he was hurt. I was a Senior that year. And I also remember a news clipping from the next week saying he got abused. He was a good back. But that fullback was a man child and was only a freshman if I recall right. They also had a lineman that was like 6’8. What ever happened to him? 

6 hours ago, Oleskooly said:

We knew he was hurt. I was a Senior that year. And I also remember a news clipping from the next week saying he got abused. He was a good back. But that fullback was a man child and was only a freshman if I recall right. They also had a lineman that was like 6’8. What ever happened to him? 

The fullback was Shondel Hill and yes he was a freshman. The linemen you speak of is still in Lake County and works at the prison. Those were good times for sure and yes Jewell was beat up worse after that game and it really cost LC the next week at Bruceton.

Edited by lakecounty1968