Karns visits Rhea County

57eagle

We have to stop DeSean Bishop in this game. As a sophomore he has gone over 330 and 6 touchdowns twice this season. He has rushed for 1204 yards this season and recently picked up an offer from Tulane. 

if we can stop him this game should not even be close. Let’s have a great senior night Friday. 

Edited by Rhea Co.

25 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

We have to stop DeSean Bishop in this game. As a sophomore he has gone over 330 and 6 touchdowns twice this season. He has rushed for 1204 yards this season and recently picked up an offer from Tulane. 

if we can stop him this game should not even be close. Let’s have a great senior night Friday. 

Bingo. Stop Bishop, and you will run away with this one. If you look at their results, he has been a non-factor against more athletic opponents. Well over half of his production this season has come in two games - Heritage and Campbell County. I don't know his exact numbers, but he had ~700 yards and 12 TDs combined in those two games. In the other five games, he's only tallied ~500 yards and 5 TDs.

On 10/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, osunut2 said:

Bingo. Stop Bishop, and you will run away with this one. If you look at their results, he has been a non-factor against more athletic opponents. Well over half of his production this season has come in two games - Heritage and Campbell County. I don't know his exact numbers, but he had ~700 yards and 12 TDs combined in those two games. In the other five games, he's only tallied ~500 yards and 5 TDs.

I wish we had a back good for 100 a game and a TD.  How does Rhea Co. speed compare to Heritage and CC? 

Karns watch out for the ole tackle eligible! tee hee

58 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I wish we had a back good for 100 a game and a TD.  How does Rhea Co. speed compare to Heritage and CC? 

Rhea has a freshman rb that if he hits the edge, he's gone. Overall I would say we have pretty good team speed.

3 hours ago, 57eagle said:

Rhea has a freshman rb that if he hits the edge, he's gone. Overall I would say we have pretty good team speed.

That’s always seemed to be Rhea’s achilles heal, lack of team speed. Going all the way back to the 80’s and their two state final losses (Nashville Overton in 81, Memphis Hillcrest in 85) the difference was team speed. 

On 10/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, osunut2 said:

This kid lit Heritage on fire last week. I am so surprised his family would waste his talents at the ArmPit of Knox County Football  Karns. I swear they should have Karns, Heritage, Union County, William Blount, Sequoyah, Lenior City, Clinton, Seymour and Jefferson County in their own special conference for teams that will never in a lifetime be good no matter what they do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, oridgecat said:

No kidding I’ll take a guaranteed TD and 100 yds minimum per game too. As far as team speed I think we have pretty good team speed. As mentioned the freshman RB has another gear if he get to the edge and into the open. 

13 hours ago, 57eagle said:

I hope he don't light us up Friday. RC is pretty good stopping the run. Now the pass, that's a different story.........LOL

Karns can't throw it a lick.   If you have decent overall team speed, Rhea will demolish Karns.  They are a bad football team.  You won't even need tackle eligible.  

16 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This kid lit Heritage on fire last week. I am so surprised his family would waste his talents at the ArmPit of Knox County Football  Karns. I swear they should have Karns, Heritage, Union County, William Blount, Sequoyah, Lenior City, Clinton, Seymour and Jefferson County in their own special conference for teams that will never in a lifetime be good no matter what they do.

LOL, Barney, how do you really feel? Agreed, these schools struggle. But they have athletes! When my son was at Powell in the early 2000's we lost to Maryville (I think, seemed like) all 4 years in the second round. We had moved over here from NC. So many times I have wondered what it would have been like if we had moved to Blount Co. instead of the Powell area. My son ended up signing with Carson-Newman, but I've wondered if he might have been able to go a higher level had we moved to Blount Co. and with more exposer.  But we had very close friendships with a lot of people in Powell and our kids had the same and it was just more important to our family than a move for football. Believe me, I love high school and college football more than the next person, but your kids happiness means more. If the Karn's kid is happy, I can't blame him for staying home.

• Like 1