6AAA 2020-21

LadyCavsFan

44 minutes ago, JET4LIFE84 said:

Senior night was the reason the girls were in so late in a blowout. Buck is always good about subbing in those situations.

Like I said I had no problem with it.  I just said it was a bit strange.   IMO it was risky when they are trying for a gold ball.  And with that win they were guaranteed at least 2 more home games .  Up 30 late in second half  is a dangerous time for injuries.  One team relaxing and the other is angry.  But I didn’t mean anything bad by that comment.  Cookeville wasn’t subbing past their normal rotation either.  Stone has a great team and he is a great coach.

5 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Like I said I had no problem with it.  I just said it was a bit strange.   IMO it was risky when they are trying for a gold ball.  And with that win they were guaranteed at least 2 more home games .  Up 30 late in second half  is a dangerous time for injuries.  One team relaxing and the other is angry.  But I didn’t mean anything bad by that comment.  Cookeville wasn’t subbing past their normal rotation either.  Stone has a great team and he is a great coach.

No slight meant to be given. you had mentioned it being weird just figured I would give a reason of maybe why. From what I saw there was no risk, lady cavs were not angry, they'd just given up. 

If we want to talk about a coach embarrassing the game and opponent, we can talk about dodgen leaving his daughter in to hit a 3 against Rhea county up 71 to 15. It was her 2000th point scored. 

Guess she had to get it that night because the they already had the ball made to celebrate and it said her 2000th point came against Rhea county. Ball was made before the game was even played. 

Way to throw a cloud on what should have been a cool moment. 

23 hours ago, JET4LIFE84 said:

No slight meant to be given. you had mentioned it being weird just figured I would give a reason of maybe why. From what I saw there was no risk, lady cavs were not angry, they'd just given up. 

Well they should have been angry!  I am old school.  If you are up 30 and think you are going to shoot a layup without a bruised butt you better think again.  Different era these days.  #soft 

Stone pulled their starters as soon as Cookeville did.  Insinuating that Stone tried to run the score up by leaving starters in is a joke.  You can't find a game that Stone has ran up a score since Coach Buck has been there.  Especially against a district opponent.  If he coached how some other coaches do (leaving players in the game for stats), Tessa Miller would have 3,000+ points and 2,000+ rebounds and probably be averaging a triple double this year.  Some of the stats for so many players in the Upper Cumberland are so watered down its ridiculous.  But hey, it looks good on twitter, facebook and in the newspaper to people that are clueless.  

[Different era these days. #soft]

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThePinkPanther said:

Stone pulled their starters as soon as Cookeville did.  Insinuating that Stone tried to run the score up by leaving starters in is a joke.  You can't find a game that Stone has ran up a score since Coach Buck has been there.  Especially against a district opponent.  If he coached how some other coaches do (leaving players in the game for stats), Tessa Miller would have 3,000+ points and 2,000+ rebounds and probably be averaging a triple double this year.  Some of the stats for so many players in the Upper Cumberland are so watered down its ridiculous.  But hey, it looks good on twitter, facebook and in the newspaper to people that are clueless.  

You should probably read closer before you comment.  You obviously aren’t talking to me!  I think I made my point very clear.  I never said anything about running up a score.  Like I said 2 times I didn’t have a problem with it.    It’s Cookeville’s job to stop a team from running up a score not the other coach.   Read again.

But I do agree with you on the stats.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

You should probably read closer before you comment.  You obviously aren’t talking to me!  I think I made my point very clear.  I never said anything about running up a score.  Like I said 2 times I didn’t have a problem with it.    It’s Cookeville’s job to stop a team from running up a score not the other coach.   Read again.

But I do agree with you on the stats.  

I didn't say you "said"... I said you "insinuated" which is how I took the statement you made about "Stone left starters in until final 2 mins".  

Just now, ThePinkPanther said:

They some stat lieing goin on around these parts. Somethings just don't add up,but I know who is legit .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThePinkPanther said:

I didn't say you "said"... I said you "insinuated" which is how I took the statement you made about "Stone left starters in until final 2 mins".  

I didn't insinuate that either.   I stated that because it doesn't happen in most games with that margin.   I said it was strange and I later clarified that statement and even mentioned that Cookeville hadn't subbed outside their rotation.    

On 2/9/2021 at 9:35 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

OMG!   Please tell me that I don’t have to cheer for WC to win tomorrow.   Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  3 way tie for first and will be decided by coin toss if WC wins vs Stone.  1.Stone, 2.Cookeville, 3 White if Stone wins?    

Coin toss could go either way.  But is worth the chance for a #1 seed.  Not really a big difference between 2-3 in most years but this year the higher seed will play at home.  I just don’t know if I can do it.....

40 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

OMG!   Please tell me that I don’t have to cheer for WC to win tomorrow.   Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  3 way tie for first and will be decided by coin toss if WC wins vs Stone.  1.Stone, 2.Cookeville, 3 White if Stone wins?    

Coin toss could go either way.  But is worth the chance for a #1 seed.  Not really a big difference between 2-3 in most years but this year the higher seed will play at home.  I just don’t know if I can do it.....

I just can’t advise it. Lol!