6AAA 2020-21

LadyCavsFan

4 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

OMG!   Please tell me that I don’t have to cheer for WC to win tomorrow.   Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  3 way tie for first and will be decided by coin toss if WC wins vs Stone.  1.Stone, 2.Cookeville, 3 White if Stone wins?    

Coin toss could go either way.  But is worth the chance for a #1 seed.  Not really a big difference between 2-3 in most years but this year the higher seed will play at home.  I just don’t know if I can do it.....

Being a 1 seed is huge, especially when it’s a 3 team race. 

16 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

OMG!   Please tell me that I don’t have to cheer for WC to win tomorrow.   Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  3 way tie for first and will be decided by coin toss if WC wins vs Stone.  1.Stone, 2.Cookeville, 3 White if Stone wins?    

Coin toss could go either way.  But is worth the chance for a #1 seed.  Not really a big difference between 2-3 in most years but this year the higher seed will play at home.  I just don’t know if I can do it.....

Not sure anyone could ask another human to do something that gross...

Believe it goes to points allowed between the 3 as first tie breaker 

You could just pull for WC to not score many points for the desired outcome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JET4LIFE84 said:

Lol.  I really don’t think I can.  In the past the tie breaker was record vs next lowest seed if that was a tie then the next lowest seed.  But most likely all three will have the same record vs the next lowest seeds.  So I believe it goes to a coin flip.  I have never heard of a pts allowed tie breaker but I will check on that.   

In all seriousness the 3 teams at the top aren’t that far apart.  And Warren is rising fast.  No team has impressed me as much as that team.  They have improved so much.  I wouldn’t want to play them in round 1.  They are playing really well right now and playing with confidence.   

3 hours ago, JET4LIFE84 said:

You were correct.  It was changed in the coaches meeting this year.   The coin toss tie breaker was voted to be removed and replaced by the lowest points scored by district opponents.    Right now the pts allowed is very close.   Stone 287  White 290  Cookeville 300    So a high scoring game in the 60's with WC winning would be what Cookeville needs but they can help themselves alot tonight vs Rhea.    I think knowing this Cookeville will put the clamps on Rhea.    Heck they may even hold the ball the entire second half and win 30-10.  :lol:  #pleasedont 

Edited by LadyCavsFan

5 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

You were correct.  It was changed in the coaches meeting this year.   The coin toss tie breaker was voted to be removed and replaced by the lowest points scored by district opponents.    Right now the pts allowed is very close.   Stone 287  White 290  Cookeville 300    So a high scoring game in the 60's with WC winning would be what Cookeville needs but they can help themselves alot tonight vs Rhea.    I think knowing this Cookeville will put the clamps on Rhea.    Heck they may even hold the ball the entire second half and win 30-10.  :lol:  #pleasedont 

I believe it was just points against, against those three teams. What they give up against warren or rhea will not matter. 

6 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Well I'm just hoping Stone will win outright and save the trouble of having to do so much math.  I think it will be a hard fought game regardless. 

2 minutes ago, buc1973 said:

Well I'm just hoping Stone will win outright and save the trouble of having to do so much math.  I think it will be a hard fought game regardless. 

Stone could lose and still win. They have a healthy lead in the points against category. 

That is not what Stone is probably thinking though. They want to go down their and end it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JET4LIFE84 said:

Stone could lose and still win. They have a healthy lead in the points against category. 

That is not what Stone is probably thinking though. They want to go down their and end it. 

With Cookeville playing Rhea that lead SHOULD get erased (its only 13 pts) if Cookeville plays well.  I think they will hold Rhea to ~30 pts.  But for sure Stone will want to win it and not have to worry about a tie breaker.    And to be honest I think they will.   I am just looking at what happens if Sparta banks in a shot from the volleyball line like last year.  :shock:   IMO they are the best team in the district regardless.   Hopefully someone will update the scores on coacht scoreboard tonight so I can keep track of it.

27 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

White County beats Stone by 2. I have no clue how the tiebreaker works. I do know Cookeville took the worst beating(lost by 30 to Stone).

Cookeville is 1st in district! Stone 2nd.  White Co 3rd or at least that’s what was announced tonight. 

Edited by Dad0414