6AAA 2020-21

LadyCavsFan

4 hours ago, summit said:

White Co behind as many as19 , cut it to four in 4th qt with the ball . Coach get s techinal foul . I know he's sick about it to . Has to tell girls he's sorry . Destroyed a great comeback .

Any idea of what our coach was complaining about? We had been on a run for several minutes and could cut the lead to only one or two points with a bucket. Next thing you know it's two free throws made and their ball pretty late in the game. I was watching online and just have no idea.

8 hours ago, 85warrior said:

Any idea of what our coach was complaining about? We had been on a run for several minutes and could cut the lead to only one or two points with a bucket. Next thing you know it's two free throws made and their ball pretty late in the game. I was watching online and just have no idea.

Foul on Gracie away from the ball.    And a foul called on Gracie that was a bad call on other end as well.  That was a big call.   But if you are going to yell that loud you are asking for it.  I want to know why Miller only played 14 seconds in 3rd!  Was she in foul trouble?

Edited by LadyCavsFan

1 hour ago, summit said:

Got her third foul 15 seconds in 3rd . Coach made a bad mistake , he said the same . Understand it being his girl . Makes a difference . 

Oh I totally understand.  But I am sure he would have done it for any of his players.  It wasn’t a dirty play by far but it was pretty obvious when I saw it on the stream.   I think he was more upset because of the foul they called on her before that was clearly not a foul.  It’s easy to get caught up in the moment but that didn’t cost them the game.  They went cold.  And Bucks speed caused problems on the cuts and back doors. There were also some forced some shots that cost them. They should have been playing through Dodgen.  She was hot.  

Ok I have been a little distracted but I am back on track.  Huge week in 6AAA.   I think the Gov must have known it’s Sparta week when he opened up the gyms.  :grin:  White County @ Cookeville on Tuesday and Cookeville @ Stone on Friday.   Cookeville needs some dubs to finish this out but it could go either way.   District tourney seeding will likely be decided this week. 

Watching Warren vs Coffee, can’t help but notice the difference in this WC team from last season. Coach Anthony Lippe has done a great job consistently improving. Not burning down the house by any means, but vs earlier in the season this team is night and day. Subtract the mandatory shutdown by the director of schools, and WC has been competitive in every game recently outside of the Cookeville blowout. A few more seasons and some of the younger talent from the middle school level coming up Lippe can definitely get WC to a position that they haven’t been in for quite a while. 

Official statement from Athletic Director, Terry Crain: WCHS has placed priority on our student athletes’ families. Therefore, the allotted tickets were given to our players. 
CHS has informed us that they will be selling tickets at the door to CHS athletes’ family/household members. We appreciate your continued support of Warrior Athletics. 

Looks like no White County fans other than players families will be able to attend Tuesday night. I wasn't going to attend anyway, but just thought I'd share this official statement.

1 hour ago, 85warrior said:

Official statement from Athletic Director, Terry Crain: WCHS has placed priority on our student athletes’ families. Therefore, the allotted tickets were given to our players. 
CHS has informed us that they will be selling tickets at the door to CHS athletes’ family/household members. We appreciate your continued support of Warrior Athletics. 

Looks like no White County fans other than players families will be able to attend Tuesday night. I wasn't going to attend anyway, but just thought I'd share this official statement.

Every home team is going to limit tickets to visitors these Covid days.  It sucks, but it is what it is imo.  If you are the home team it’s great, if you are visiting it’s awful.

Personally, if Governor says no restrictions....TSSAA should follow his lead.