6AAA 2020-21

LadyCavsFan

12 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

I'll say Bradley vs Stone

You may be right. The only reason I say Bradley and Cleveland is it looks like Cookeville WC and Stone are really close, and Cookeville is struggling against some average teams that Bradley and average 2A teams are blowing out. Just my opinion.

Just now, Dadof2 said:

You may be right. The only reason I say Bradley and Cleveland is it looks like Cookeville WC and Stone are really close, and Cookeville is struggling against some average teams that Bradley and average 2A teams are blowing out. Just my opinion.

Thinking Stone is in a slump, they were slightly overrated internally and externally but they are just tad better than Cookeville and White. Imo.

1 hour ago, 90warrior said:

Wc leads from start to finish. Never really close till end. Cookeville playing cupcakes caught up with them. Just kidding it was the lights. Wc can finally see the goal now.

Dang it must have been the lights.  It was  close the entire game (less than 10). WC led from the tip.  Cookeville went 0-17 from 3.  :shock: :shock:    It was a 3 PT game with under 2:00 to go.   WC scored 26 of their 50pts from the FT line.  And they shot them VERY well from there.  26-32.  Not much to say about this one except if you are that cold shooting (open shots) you won’t win many games.  All you can do is move on to the next game.  They played well enough defensively to win but they just have to shoot it better.  Hopefully they don’t shoot that bad on Friday.  

8 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Dang it must have been the lights.  It was  close the entire game (less than 10). WC led from the tip.  Cookeville went 0-17 from 3.  :shock: :shock:    It was a 3 PT game with under 2:00 to go.   WC scored 26 of their 50pts from the FT line.  And they shot them VERY well from there.  26-32.  Not much to say about this one except if you are that cold shooting (open shots) you won’t win many games.  All you can do is move on to the next game.  They played well enough defensively to win but they just have to shoot it better.  Hopefully they don’t shoot that bad on Friday.  

The bigger the game the harder the threes get   Live and die by the three that’s why a lot of teams don’t make it to state only takes one bad shooting performance to get put out 

On 2/1/2021 at 6:38 PM, Tripdub14 said:

Watching Warren vs Coffee, can’t help but notice the difference in this WC team from last season. Coach Anthony Lippe has done a great job consistently improving. Not burning down the house by any means, but vs earlier in the season this team is night and day. Subtract the mandatory shutdown by the director of schools, and WC has been competitive in every game recently outside of the Cookeville blowout. A few more seasons and some of the younger talent from the middle school level coming up Lippe can definitely get WC to a position that they haven’t been in for quite a while. 

I was at all 3 games versus stone, coffee, white. We didn't play to win. We played a junk defense and would hold the ball, down 10 or more in all 3 games. The only difference in this year and last year is a cupcake schedule this year. Our 9 wins are against teams that are a combined 39-120 lol. Lippe has never beaten a team with a winning record EVER. White Co was up like 19-2 and went cold and Coffee went man 2nd half and held us to 1 fg in 16 minutes 1 FG!!!! Stone only beat us 14 first time and beat us by 40 last night. We beat Riverdale to win the state my junior year so it makes my blood boil to hear our fans celebrating double digit losses smh. Everybody gets a trophy lol