Coalfield @ Oneida

Spike016

13 hours ago, Spike016 said:

COVID 19 will end Oneida’s regular season. the Coalfield game has been canceled.  The Indians will resume play Nov. 2nd for 1st round of playoffs! 

Well I guess you could go ahead and start a Hampton thread :roflol:

Any word on when activities can resume?

24 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Could have played us last Fri but declined.

All I can say is the coach's are candy a****.  If it was up to me I would have played.  Maybe they just playing it safe, they haven't had any Covid losses.  You all have lost one game because of it.  I would hate to end the season that way in playoffs and it's going to happen to somebody. My thinking is they are just trying to play it real safe, which may not be a bad thing.  

Edited by rtl112

2 hours ago, rtl112 said:

All I can say is the coach's are candy a****.  If it was up to me I would have played.  Maybe they just playing it safe, they haven't had any Covid losses.  You all have lost one game because of it.  I would hate to end the season that way in playoffs and it's going to happen to somebody. My thinking is they are just trying to play it real safe, which may not be a bad thing.  

I could see that but we have had 0 cases just contact tracing Win or lose it would have helped both.I dont think we are a big threat right now to you all.

If we can get on track it may make for an interesting playoff matchup!

Edited by orngnblk

3 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Wow, rtl112, you are a true fan! I am sure the coaching staff would welcome your valuable insight with open arms.  It is really easy to sit behind your computer screen and disrespect people when you are not in their shoes.  All coaches across the state are battling the COVID issue-why would you take a chance and play a game and take that risk going into the playoffs?  Aside from that, any coach that is heading into the playoffs has a multitude of issues to take into consideration. For example: Covid exposure, travel, possible injuries just to name a few.

As for last week, the school was on fall break, so the ability to schedule a last minute game is not a possibility.  People who do not work in school systems and do not comprehend that there is more to athletics than just showing up to play, need to take a step back and consider everything involved-gate workers, concession stand workers, announcers, clock keeper, security etc...  

People need to really think before they get on a forum and bash programs.  Your words affect a multitude of people.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cybercoach said:

Wow, rtl112, you are a true fan! I am sure the coaching staff would welcome your valuable insight with open arms.  It is really easy to sit behind your computer screen and disrespect people when you are not in their shoes.  All coaches across the state are battling the COVID issue-why would you take a chance and play a game and take that risk going into the playoffs?  Aside from that, any coach that is heading into the playoffs has a

34 minutes ago, cybercoach said:

Wow, rtl112, you are a true fan! I am sure the coaching staff would welcome your valuable insight with open arms.  It is really easy to sit behind your computer screen and disrespect people when you are not in their shoes.  All coaches across the state are battling the COVID issue-why would you take a chance and play a game and take that risk going into the playoffs?  Aside from that, any coach that is heading into the playoffs has a multitude of issues to take into consideration. For example: Covid exposure, travel, possible injuries just to name a few.

As for last week, the school was on fall break, so the ability to schedule a last minute game is not a possibility.  People who do not work in school systems and do not comprehend that there is more to athletics than just showing up to play, need to take a step back and consider everything involved-gate workers, concession stand workers, announcers, clock keeper, security etc...  

People need to really think before they get on a forum and bash programs.  Your words affect a multitude of people.  

of issues to take into consideration. For example: Covid exposure, travel, possible injuries just to name a few.

I was being sarcastic with the first two sentences.  I clarified what I figured they were probably thinking at the end of the comment and said it wasn't a bad thing.  Sorry if I hurt your feelings. 

20 minutes ago, BustedCoverage said:

I dont agree or disagree with what hes said on this topic. I will say if coaches let words hurt them on a football forum they should be coaching checkers instead of a contact sport.