Milan vs Westview week 11

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

19 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I feel that way too. I watch him against Covington and of course that defense is stout, but he’s a junior and his game isn’t any different when I seen him against Gibson County his Freshman year except for the arm and his tendency to break the coverage.

Not downplaying the kid at all he’s a great talent, and not many guys can do that. I just don’t find anything just eye popping. Kyle Akin was a better QB from TCA and didn’t have half the offers he has  

Great point. Coaches jumping ship.... I find this hard to put my thumb on. That coaching searched seemed very odd to me. He may have the arm talent but does he have what it takes to lead his team in the locker room. 

Just now, Tigersandcats said:

Really nice facility to say the least. I’m sure the city of Milan is proud of it as well. I’d put it right there with Dyersburg’s stadium I really like it too. There’s a lot of colleges that don’t have that nice of a field!

Thanks man. You know the funny thing is the same company that did Dyersburg’s did ours. I am jealous of their Jumbotron though. 

3 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Great point. Coaches jumping ship.... I find this hard to put my thumb on. That coaching searched seemed very odd to me. He may have the arm talent but does he have what it takes to lead his team in the locker room. 

1 minute ago, SG4LIFE said:

Coaching search was not odd

Coach Simpson got who he wanted to coach his son one of his former players to me the offense looked a lot better last year with the old coaching staff

Correct on the coaching search, he was hand picked

Correct on the leading. This isn’t the NFL where we talk about rings and what not but if I’m a college coach I’m seeing if I can find a winner, but also gotta look at his line so it’s hard to tell

Speaking of coaching changes
like you said Coach Diffyy and his staff at Milan is winning a lot of games this year maybe if last year coaching staff had the five or six new players Milan has this year they could’ve won also.

New coaching staff and new players equals more wins. 

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Correct on the coaching search, he was hand picked

Correct on the leading. This isn’t the NFL where we talk about rings and what not but if I’m a college coach I’m seeing if I can find a winner, but also gotta look at his line so it’s hard to tell

True, I just find it hard to believe that ANY coach would leave when he has a D-1 QB with a billion offers... Most coaches know when its time to leave. If the Million dollar arm of Simpson was all what it is cracked up to be why did the leave. 

Most coaches have an entire career and do not get to coach a single one of these kids. Just odd to me. 

5 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

True, I just find it hard to believe that ANY coach would leave when he has a D-1 QB with a billion offers... Most coaches know when its time to leave. If the Million dollar arm of Simpson was all what it is cracked up to be why did the leave. 

Most coaches have an entire career and do not get to coach a single one of these kids. Just odd to me. 

Looks like a strong arm move by the higher ups at Westview. The old staff was full of real good coaches. 
wouldn’t be surprised to see the Simpson kid playing somewhere else next year. 

8 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

True. I’m surprised he isn’t at a private school. I’ve heard from a buddy of mine don’t be surprised if he plays for his dad at UTM