Creek Wood @ Springfield Wk 11 Region 5 Title game

brian2000

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

It’s been overlooked a little on here, but all the talk about defenses was about CW heading into this game and how they hadn’t allowed over 21 points in a game or something like that all year. I would like to commend the Jacket defense on an outstanding performance last night. I haven’t watched the replays to see if the pass interference penalties were legit or not, but those kept CW in the game early. 

The Springfield defense got in 2’s face all night and by the end of the 3rd qtr he was beat up and appeared like he didn’t want anymore. This may have been the best game of the year for Springfield’s Tres Haley. He harassed the CW QB #2 all night. 

Haley played lights out in the trenches on both sides of the ball. He could not be stopped. Creek Wood hadn’t seen a team like the Jackets all yr. That Jacket defense absolutely smothered their run game. Complete domination in 2nd half. Those interference calls definitely help CW bc they were either on big downs or we were inside the red zone. 2 were called on Gabe I think. I was glad the snapping was alot better this wk

7 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

Haley played lights out in the trenches on both sides of the ball. He could not be stopped. Creek Wood hadn’t seen a team like the Jackets all yr. That Jacket defense absolutely smothered their run game. Complete domination in 2nd half. Those interference calls definitely help CW bc they were either on big downs or we were inside the red zone. 2 were called on Gabe I think. I was glad the snapping was alot better this wk

After watching the replay, the OPI on Gabe was probably legit but the DPI on ZeRel not so much. 

Hopefully some of the CW fans can update us on the condition of #3 Brandon Porter. It was ugly on TV. 

6 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

After watching the tv replay this morning, I found it funny what CW’s QB told the tv guys before the game; “if we put our foot down Springfield will lay down”. He got what he wanted, he put his foot down and Springfield laid him on his back for most of the night.

I am thinking we were better conditioned than C W and that may have come into play last night.  Our line play got stronger as the game went on.  #2 was EXHAUSTED at the end.  C W is a good well coached and disciplined team.  I enjoy this game and I am glad it is played late in the year.  This has been my favorite region that we have played in BY FAR.  

I was listening to 104.5 after the game to get area scores. Chad Withrow said that the C W player dated his cousin.  He had been in contact with her.  They were at NorthCrest getting X-Rays.  They didn’t look good.  I don’t know of such a thing as a good break though.  My prayers got the C W family 

14 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

After watching the tv replay this morning, I found it funny what CW’s QB told the tv guys before the game; “if we put our foot down Springfield will lay down”. He got what he wanted, he put his foot down and Springfield laid him on his back for most of the night.

I heard that reporter too. I bet 2 had nightmares of a swarm of Yellow Jackets coming after him last night.

4 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I am thinking we were better conditioned than C W and that may have come into play last night.  Our line play got stronger as the game went on.  #2 was EXHAUSTED at the end.  C W is a good well coached and disciplined team.  I enjoy this game and I am glad it is played late in the year.  This has been my favorite region that we have played in BY FAR.  

I was listening to 104.5 after the game to get area scores. Chad Withrow said that the C W player dated his cousin.  He had been in contact with her.  They were at NorthCrest getting X-Rays.  They didn’t look good.  I don’t know of such a thing as a good break though.  My prayers got the C W family 

Ouch! Hate that part of the game

5 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I’m not sure if the conditioning had as much to with as the caliber of team CW was playing. I said it earlier but I think last night proved my earlier point. CW had not played anyone out of region that challenged them all year; Springfield had. Creek Wood was used to teams not being able to respond after they had taken a lead. Springfield has faced adversity this year and at times didn’t respond well (see Marshall County). The Yellow Jackets knew how to respond and, once they did, CW had no answer. Creek Wood needs to schedule tougher opponents if they really want to get further in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

I hate that for him. You never want to see anything bad happen especially his senior year and him being a good 3 sport athlete. I respect CW more than anyone else in our region, like you said earlier, always play hard and very well coached.

4 hours ago, JacketLover said:

It’s been overlooked a little on here, but all the talk about defenses was about CW heading into this game and how they hadn’t allowed over 21 points in a game or something like that all year. I would like to commend the Jacket defense on an outstanding performance last night. I haven’t watched the replays to see if the pass interference penalties were legit or not, but those kept CW in the game early. 

The Springfield defense got in 2’s face all night and by the end of the 3rd qtr he was beat up and appeared like he didn’t want anymore. This may have been the best game of the year for Springfield’s Tres Haley. He harassed the CW QB #2 all night. 

The PI against 21 was bogus, the hold on 4th down was not the worst call if I'm being honest...